37 - saying goodbye

song for chapter:
beach baby - boniver
| you'll leave... |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

***FLASHBACK***

a little over 1 year after moving in together
san diego, california.
wednesday, 2:20pm.
jaylee's pov

baby
2:40pm
come downstairs

my heart immediately dropped to my feet seeing ethans notification at the top of my phone screen.

it's been three days and ethan hasn't come out of the guest bedroom really at all. he's come out to get food or go to the bathroom, but that's it.

it's terrifying. none of us have a single clue what's going through his head. he won't speak to us. not even osman.

he could just be collecting his thoughts and thinking about how he's going to handle this. or he could be having dark thoughts... and that's the uneasy part.

what grayson and I did to him is unforgettable. it's completely disgusting and we do not deserve him to accept our apologies. but, in no way should ethan be going through this alone in his own head. he's trying to deal with it by himself and i'm worried that it's going to hurt him.

I swallowed the air stuck in my throat as I turned my phone off and sat it on top of the dresser. I sat up from the bed and stood up. instant nerves began to flood through my body.

as I walked out of the room and began to walk down the stairs, my eyes shifted to the living room seeing the rest of the group, besides ethan, all sitting in silence.

all of their eyes looked upwards at me walking down the stairs.

grayson adjusted his posture while
sitting on the kitchen bar stool as his eyes made contact with mine. this is the first time i've seen him since ethan found out what had happened between us.

once I was at the bottom of the stairs, I immediately broke the eye contact with him, feeling guilt swirl in my stomach as I walked past him.

I could feel his eyes burning on me the whole time.

the silence was deathly as I walked over to the fire place, leaning my back against it as I crossed my arms and looked down to the floor.

I rubbed my lips together anxiously as my eyes secretly shifted to ella standing a good distance away from me. she was looking down playing with her fingers, but she had a slight smirk on her face.

instantly, it angered me. there's nothing worth smirking about right now.

"so ella, how long were you planning on making a move on him?" I questioned in a mocking tone, keeping my eyebrows narrowed with fake curiosity written on my face.

she scoffed while rolling her eyes. "oh, get over yourself." she spoke confidently, seeming to have no regrets of anything that she did.

"was it just as big as you imagined?" I asked her in a sarcastic tone, widening my eyes at her knowing I was being a brat.

"even bigger." she spoke in a voice to where I know she was trying to antagonize me, smirking widely once again.

"you're disgusting." I shook my head as I looked away from her, rolling my eyes in disgust.