004 : Hey, Kid

A knock on Will's bedroom door interrupted the moment between the two boys

"Will? Five? It's Joyce. Hopper is here to see Five."

"You can come in," Will said, releasing Five from the hug.

The door opened and Joyce waved a hand indicating to follow her. The boys followed her trail but Five stopped, noticing another person in the hallway.

Will grabbed his hand, "That's my brother, Jonathan. The one I told you about yesterday?"

Five nodded as Will dragged him to the couch.

Hopper stood in the doorway of the kitchen and then made his way in front of the boys. Five shrunk back into the couch, Hopper's figure looming over him.

"Hey, kid. My name's Hopper and I just want to ask you some questions, okay?" Hopper said.

Five stared at Hopper, not knowing how to respond.

"Let's start with your name. What's your name?"

Five glanced at Will, wondering if he could trust Hopper. His eyes moved to Joyce and Jonathan talking to each other.

Hopper sighed, "Where'd you come from?"

Once again, Five didn't answer and averted his eyes from Hopper's stare.

"You can trust him. He won't tell anyone," Joyce spoke, standing next to Hopper now.

"Did you come from the lab?"

Hopper stood up, frustrated with Five. Eleven appeared in the living room, hearing Hopper get annoyed by Five.

"Answer me, kid! We want to help you." Hopper demanded.

Five jumped at his sudden tone and Will stopped Hopper from getting closer to him.

"He's just scared. Let Eleven and I talk to him. He'll answer then, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." Hopper waved off.

Joyce offered Hopper something to drink as Eleven and Will tried to reason with Five.

"Ve, we know your scared and confused but you have to tell him something." Will stated.

"I know."

"I'll tell him you're brother and from the lab. And you explain the collar. Hopper is father to me. You can trust him." Eleven said and walked out to tell Hopper.

Once Eleven left the room, Five asked Will, "Father?"

"Yeah. Hopper took Eleven in. He found files about her. That's how he knows that her real name is Jane."

"Oh."

A minute later, Hopper and Eleven returned to the living room.

"Well, Five. Explain the shock collar." Hopper pointed to Five's neck.

Five eyes darted to Will's. Will nodded and Five spoke,"Um I tried- I tried to escape the lab with Eleven. I got shot and they put collar on me so I won't escape. They kept their eyes on me every day and night."

Hopper nodded, "It's okay, Five. We won't send you back there."

Five glanced towards Will again as Hopper went to talk to Joyce again. Five studied Hopper walking out the door once he was done talking to Joyce. Can I trust him? Five thought.

Will checked the time and quickly went to his room to get changed. Five raised an eyebrow at Will, wondering why he was in a rush. Joyce, who was in her work attire, was searching for her keys. Once she found them, she went straight out the door. Five didn't understand why they were in a hurry.

Will walked back into the living room, slouching with his backpack on.

"Where did everyone go?" Will asked.

"Outside."

"I have school today and my mom will be at work. Jonathan already left. So you'll be left alone. If you need any food, there's some in the fridge. If something happens, call my mom. Her phone number is next to the phone."

"Okay."

"See ya, Ve"

"Bye, Will"

The door slammed shut making the room go silent and Five was left in the living room, alone.

-

A/n: Hey, everyone! I apologize for this chapter being so late. Writers block really sucks and I've been having some personal problems. I'll update whenever I can and I promise this will be a finished book! Also I'd like to say thanks for the reads and votes. I'm glad you all are enjoying this book!

Have an amazing day/evening/night!💜