008 : Soon

"Jake!" Eleven shouted as she ran passed Hopper to hug Five

The cabin was bigger than what Five had expected. The rising sun shone through the window to the living room.

"Jake?" Five asked.

"Short for Jacob."

Five didn't want to admit it but he really didn't like the nickname, Jake. He didn't want to hurt her feelings so he says nothing.

Eleven released Five from the hug and grabbed his hand to show him the cabin. Hopper shook his head and smiled at the two.

1 Week Later

w i l l

The final bell rang to end the school day. All the kids pushed their way out while Will was the last to leave.

Troy and James were bickering to each other while waiting outside the classroom for Will. Will stared at the ground, not daring to look at them in their eyes. Troy smirked at James as Will walked passed them through the doorway.

Troy shoved Will forward, his sketchbook and colored pencils flying out of his arms.

Troy laughed, "Hey, fairy! Why so sad today? Your little boyfriend break up with you?"

Will took a deep breath as he collected his things that fell to the floor when Troy pushed him.

"Hey! What are you? Stupid? I'm talking to you!"

"If I'm so stupid, I don't think telling me every day will make me any less stupid. It just makes you look stupid for repeating the same thing all the time." Will stated and quickly ran towards the A.V. room.

His heart pounded in his chest. He couldn't believe he said that. He couldn't believe he stood up for himself.

Will smiled and whispered to himself. "Ve would be proud."

Will entered the A.V. club. Mike, Lucas, and Dustin wanting to talk to the boy about his sad demeanor.

"What's wrong, Will? You had this sad look on your face all week." Mike asked.

"It's school. What do you expect?" Will tried to joke.

Dustin shook his head, "Ha ha very funny. What's wrong?"

"Five will be at Hopper's place now. So I won't be able to see or talk to him."

"Oh."

"Yeah." Will sighed.

"Hey, maybe we could teach Five how to play d&d this weekend? That way we can hang out with him." Mike offered. 

"Yeah. That would be nice." Will smiled, "Also. His real name is Jacob."

"Okay."

Will smiled as he walked into his house. Looking to his left, his mom was cooking for dinner.

"Mom. When can Ve come over?"

"Soon. Why?"

"Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and I want to teach him how to play d&d. I also want to teach him how to draw."

"I'll call Hopper and I'll let you know a time, okay?"

"Okay."

Will rushed into his room and collapsed on his bed. He was excited to see Five again.

"Soon, Ve. Soon."

-

A/n: Hello everyone! Short chapter, I know. Also a boring chapter but I'm trying to update as much as I can. I also wanted to say thank you for all the comments! I love reading them and thank you for the song recommendations. I haven't been on my A game but I'm trying my best!

Have an amazing day/evening/night!💜