| 11 |

The Party

The Party

Kevin picked me up. He is so cute, he even asked my dad permission to take me to the party of course my dad was a bit protective but he trusts Kevin.

Kevin parks infront of a big house, I mean a mansion. Damn this house is really big.

We both climb out of the car and Kevin walks around the car and takes my hand. He kinda leads the way, since I don't know where to go. Before we walk through the door I stop and pull on Kevin's arm.

"Don't leave me alone," I say sounding very stupid.

"It will be okay. Chill. I won't, promise," he kisses me on my head.

We walk threw the door and the music hits me like a train. I didn't think it was so loud. There are lots of people. Their all dancing with cups in their hands. The air is full of smoke and it smells like cigarettes mixed with alcohol.

As we walk further into the house, Kevin starts meeting everyone. He is so popular. It seems as if everyone loves him. His friends seem really nice.

"Want a drink?" He asks.

"Uhmm, no I'm fine thanks," I smile.

After he gets a drink we go sit outside to get some fresh air.

"So this is your sort of parties?"

"You're gonna have fun tonight and that's a promise," he puts the cup down and pulls me up by my hand.  He pulls me into the house to the kitchen. "Come on, one shooter," he holds a small shooter glass.

"Just one," I say hesitatingly and then with one swallow the vodka flows down my throat and it burns immediately. "Damn!"

"Let's party," Kevin screams and pulls me out of the kitchen between all the people who are dancing.

We start dancing, there isn't any room so everyone is touching everyone and Kevin and I are dancing really close. He bust a few moves and then it's my turn. Someone pushes me from behind, even closer to Kevin that my hands are resting on his chest. His hands moves to my waist. Then his lips crushes onto mine. I pull away, remembering we're in public. He looks surprised at first, but then he just brushes it off and we start dancing again.
The air is thick with all this smoke.

"I'm gonna get fresh air," I say into Kevin's ear, he nods and I walk out into the backyard.

Kevin is acting really weird. He isn't the same. The way he kissed me wasn't like always, it was different. I don't know. I feel so uncomfortable. I go back inside to the kitchen, I see Kevin and a blonde girl talking. Well more like flirting. It's probably nothing. I stand a little bit longer and watch him take 5 shots. 
Five fucking vodka shots!
He is so getting drunk. I guy comes and greets Kevin with a cigarette in his hand and Kevin takes it and takes three pulls of it.
This isn't my Kevin. This is not the Kevin I met that day at the gym. This is not the Kevin, I got my first kiss with. Is he trying to act cool?

Someone's hand is on my back, I turn around slowly to see who it is. I remember him from earlier, Kevin greeted him when we came in.

"Jace is the name," he smiles at me.

"Hazel," I give a small smile at him and turn back and look at Kevin.

"You can chill, I'm not trying to make out with you. I know your Kevin's girl. You just looked a little bit lonely," I turn back at him.

"Just a little bit lonely," I roll my eyes. "Is he always like this?"

"Like what?"

"Drinking and smoking and flirting with that blonde?"

"Sorry to say, but that's the least. Usually he is making out with them and he drinks a lot more. He drinks till he passes out. He is always trying to show off. He is a great guy but sometimes," he stops.

"This isn't the Kevin I knew," I look to the ground.

"I'm sorry," he gives me a small hug. "Let me keep you company. What you say?"

"Yah, anytime. It's not if I'm busy," I smile.

Just when I'm about to turn around and walk with Jace, my eyes see Kevin's hands on that girls waist. I pull on Jace's shirt and he turns around and also looking at Kevin now.

"What happens next?" I ask Jace.

"You don't wanna know," he takes my hand and wants to lead me away but I stand still, not able to move as Kevin's lips crashes on the skinny blonde girl's lips.

Jace releases my hand and walks over to Kevin, he pulls the blonde girl away and his fist collides with Kevin's cheek.

"Fuck Jace! What was that for?"

"For your girlfriend who is standing there watching how you make out with a other girl," Jace turns around and walks to me. Kevin tries to walk towards me, but stumbles over his own feet.

"Come, I'm taking you home," Jace says and takes my hand and leads me out of the house. When I'm already sitting in his car and he is just about to climb in, Kevin comes stumbling out of the house.

"Hazel! We need to talk!" He shouts.

Jace gets in the car and drives me home.  He stops infront of my house and walks me to the doorstep.

"You okay?"

"I guess."

"Everything is going to be okay. It doesn't seem like it now, but it will eventually," he pulls me into a hug. When he let's go, I go into the house, lock the door and go to my room.

When the door is shut, my tears starts rolling of my cheeks.

Didn't expect that?
Please Vote and comment!
Hope you are enjoying the story!