Hidden Motives

Code names, it was the first real step towards becoming a Pro hero. Izumi had chosen the name Lucky Hero: Usagi, and got mass approval from her teacher and classmates. To Izumi it was a special name, even though she hadn't always been fond of it. Two boys were responsible for switching her perspective on it. Katsuki Bakugo, her childhood friend and ex-boyfriend who had given her the name, and Shoto Todoroki who had changed the meaning of it from timid and weak, to cute and lucky.

Both of these boys were special to her, and she couldn't deny her feelings for them were strong... but she couldn't think about relationships now. It was a crucial time in her career, a time for internships. The heroes that attended the U.A. sports festival or watched it on TV had put in their requests for the students they felt had potential and wanted to take on. The students that didn't get requested would have a choice of forty potential agencies who would take on any U.A. student.

Todoroki and Bakugo had accumulated the highest total of requests spanning to the thousands. With Iida, Tokoyami, and several others going down the list. Izumi noted she was on the bottom, with only two requests.

"Two?!" Mineta shook her shoulder in shock. "You seriously only got two requests? I was execting way more than that for you, Midoriya."

So did she... but after her spectacular loss from Todoroki, who could blame them for going for one of the others who performed better than she did?

"Mmm, it's okay, I'm just happy I even got one."

"In your case, Midoriya," Aizawa suddenly spoke up. "There were more initial requests for you, but last minute they changed their mind favoring other students." He narrowed his eyes. "I'll let you decipher that knowledge... as for the rest of you..." he continued leaving Izumi blinking in wonder.

Aizawa passed out the forms for each student, those with requests had them stamped on the page, while the others were given the list of potential agencies to look at.

"Hey, Midori-chan," Uraraka stepped up holding her sheet to her chest. "What were the two agencies that requested you?"

"Hmmm?" still lost in thought Izumi blinked up at Uraraka, her body shaking as she did her air chair exercise. "Oh I didn't even look yet... let's see the ones with stamps are the ones that requested... there's Uwabami..." Izumi grimaced imagining the modelesque sex symbol. That just figured. "Um... and then..." she flipped the page and her eyes popped out at the next name. "GEH!"

"What's wrong?"

"Huh?!" She slammed the paper down laughing. "Oh, nothing, it's just I think they made a mistake on my sheet." She started sweating. There was no way... absolutely NO WAY that HE put in a request for her. Not after the way she'd talked to him at the Sports Festival.

"What kind of mistake? Let me see.." Uraraka reached for the paper but Izumi pulled it out of reach. "Hey! Come on, Midori let me see!"

"No! No really it's a mistake I just- AH! HEY! KACCHAN GIVE IT BACK!" She jumped on her desk trying to reach for it but Bakugo held her back one handed as he read.

"Huh? End- OOF!"

"Baka!" She punched him sending him spiraling over his desk and onto the floor. She snagged the paper out of the air and grabbed him by the back of the shirt yanking him out the classroom

"That hurt! Damn it Usagi! What's the big fucking deal?" Bakugo snarled as he got to his feet and glared down at her.

"The DEAL is I don't want Todoroki to know his dad put in a request for me!" She hissed back at him bumping foreheads. "They don't exactly have the best relationship, and I don't want this causing him anymore grief!"