Attack on Hosu

Izumi laughed into the phone as she talked with Bakugo on the other end. She'd finished showering and was now in full costume and waiting for Shoto. They were supposed to meet up with Endeavor and Gran Torino for evening patrol, but were running behind. She hoped Endeavor wouldn't lecture them too much.

"It can't be that bad, Kacchan." Izumi was on the verge of uncontrollable giggles as Bakugo ranted to her about his third day.

"Shut up! Stop laughing it's not funny Usagi!" He didn't have the nerve to tell her about his haircut or the etiquette lectures he'd been receiving but he was gonna rant about every other damn thing he could think of. "I made such a big mistake coming here. These guys are obsessed with appearance and niceties. I spent the entire day patrolling the damn city in a pair of skin tight jeans that are hard to walk in being ogled by the public as they fawn all over this douchebag."

"Well...hehehe...at least you're not the only one regretting your choice. I talked with Yao-chan during lunch and she's struggling to find anything hero like in Uwabami. It's all been modeling and acting and autographs."

"Tch I told you. It's a good thing you got Endeavor as a back up. As girly as you are you're stupid enough to prefer a punch to the face than putting on makeup."

A knot of irritation swelled at her temple.

"Did you just call me stupid?"

Bakugo tensed and mentally cursed himself. Stupid force of habit kept making him go through missteps.

"I didn't mean it the way it sounded." He clenched the phone bowing his head and shaking with irritation. "Sorry. I guess I'm taking my bad mood out on you."

Izumi smiled and pulled her legs up to her chest imagining his face as he apologized. Shoto stepped out of the shower and saw the sweet look on her face, and wondered who she was talking to.

"It's okay, Kacchan."

Shoto tensed up his hand fisting in the towel around his neck. He should speak up let her know he was listening but could only fall silent.

"You're always in a bad mood. I'm used to it." Izumi went on giggling.

"Usa-" Bakugo started to speak then clenched his teeth. He glanced up seeing his face in the mirror. He stared a moment then spoke again. "Izumi... why do people think I'm a villain?"

"Eh?" Izumi glanced at her phone in surprise then pressed it back to her ear. "what do you mean?"

"What is it about me that make people think I'm a villain?"

Izumi waited a beat wondering just what sort of talk Best Jeanist was putting into his head. "You're not a villain Kacchan. You come off aggressive, and angry, and it scares people..." She heard him make a struggling sound as if to bite on his temper. It made her heart ache a little. "I know you won't ever become a villain. Do you know why?"

"Why?" Bakugo whispered it.

"Because..." she smiled into the phone. "You've always been my hero."

Bakugo's eyes widened at that and his entire body went loose and calm. "What?"

"We've both looked up to All Might. He's our idol and our teacher and the goal we want to reach but neither of us have met him until recently. When we were kids even though you weren't always nice about it you were always looking out for me. You let me tag along and play with you and the others even though I was quirkless. Even though you picked on me all the time if anyone else started making fun or teasing me you'd send them running. I didn't appreciate it at the time because I wanted too much to be like you. I wanted to be strong, confident, and know I could take on the world. I looked up to you Kacchan just as much if not more than All Might, because I've always known you'd do everything it took to be a hero."