Chapter Sixteen

~Enji's POV~

Not long after Mel had fallen asleep in my arms, exhausted from crying, the nuisance returned and I reluctantly went back to my own room. Mel was always teasing me; I'd had no idea she put serious thought into our future or that it had worried her so much. I had to do whatever it took to keep her by my side. I couldn't let her slip away from me, I couldn't let her get hurt.

Kaito and I left our room at the same moment that Mel and the annoying blonde stepped out of their room. I felt my heart stutter in my chest as I spotted Mel wearing a black bikini with animated skulls and roses littering it. She had a black mesh poncho thrown over it to cover herself with though it was completely see-through and did nothing to hide the revealing bikini or her body from prying eyes.

"Good Morning neighbors!" The annoying blonde greeted us jovially with a wave.

I ignored him completely and looked to Mel, "what are you wearing?!"

She turned to me curiously, "a swimsuit?"

"For breakfast?!" I snapped.

The door across the hall opened and two UA students stumbled out rubbing sleep from their eyes, the third year's eyes widened as he spotted Mel. Our classmate nearly dislocated his jaw as it dropped so suddenly, I thought I heard it pop in protest.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU STARING AT?!" I snarled at both of them.

Kaito took a shaky step away from me as fire sprang to life on my forearms.

Mel rolled her eyes, "hey, genius, did you forget there's a waterpark downstairs, what the hell did you think I was going to wear? A scuba suit?"

I thought about it for a moment, "they might have one in the hotel gift shop."

All the guys turned to stare at me. The annoying blonde was laughing, Kaito was shaking his head, the two who had just stepped out of the room across the hall threw me a dark look.

"You're ridiculous!" Mel growled and pushed her way through in annoyance. Her cute black sandals with the dangling skull charms jingled with each step. The annoying blonde chuckled and ran after her.

Infuriated I ran after them. Mel cast a glance over her shoulder in my direction and smirked as I bolted after her. Her blue green eyes filled with mischief and she took off at a run. The annoying blonde, sensing her plan, chuckled once more before picking up his pace. I clenched my fists as I was consumed with rage, he was faster than me.

Mel darted around the corner toward the elevators and the annoying blonde was hot on her heels. As I turned the corner, I had enough time to see Mel sticking her tongue out at me from the elevator just as the doors slid shut with a soft 'ding'.

"Mel!" I roared in rage.

I bolted for the stairs passing a terrified Kaito who dropped to the floor to avoid me, like the spineless coward he was. He tried, and failed, to keep up with me as I flew down fifteen flights of stairs. I bolted for the elevators just as the doors whooshed open. Mel and the annoying blonde were looking chummy and laughing about something. Their laughter fell short as they both turned to find me seething with rage and panting slightly from my morning stair exercises.

"What happened to you?" Mel asked me with a giggle.

"You are insufferable." I growled as I caught her by the hand and dragged her out of the elevator. Her soft lyrical laughter enveloped me as she skipped to keep up with my long strides. "Why the hell are you wearing a bikini to breakfast with a bunch of teenage boys with raging hormones?" I growled at her.