Chapter 6: Rational

Present: "Never did you knew.. it was a hopeless case. Or you blinded yourself."

The music volumed louder, every beat bounced in the four corner of the place. The smokes were everywhere. Smells of different liqours lingered and I could even trace some hint of drugs in the air. Men were shouting in excitement and pleasure as those six almost-naked women came out and started to dance wildly upstage. The waitress were busy serving all the customers and made sure they were served right. This bar wasn't that really for a prostitute house. Every employee here was under a contract with their signature therein and a certain bound of time. If it is done,  then their job is over. Unless, they wanted to extend some more time. They were not forced nor threatened to join or work here. The employer ensured that all who want to penetrate shall give their consent and will before anything else. Their way of recruitment was legal, well as for now.

I have been working here for 2 months. Cord gave his approval after that day of insulting me. He assigned me here in the bar as waitress. I was thankful he let me work here.. at least I knew Achile would be safe for the main time. Cord promised me he would make him safe for as long as I render service here. So, It's fine working here though.

"Table 5 is looking for you, Iara." Rose said as she put down her tray and removed the bottles from it.

She was one of the waitress here like me. We were 10 in the serving table. And I guess Rose was the oldest and first who worked here. She knew the system properly. She knew almost all the customers, the regulars, the bad ones, and the new ones. She memorized them all and even had the chance to gain their respect. I didn't know how but she was respected in here. No one dared to make fun of her.. or toy her. When she's around, almost everybody wanted to stop what their doing and just watched her every move. Well, I couldn't blame them. If you want to see a real-life goddess, just look at Rose.

She wore these pair of innocent eyes that if it would stare at yours, you feel like she's seeing your soul through vision. Her thin rosy lips, perfectly curved. Her shoulder-lenght black hair waves as she moves. Like me, she was wearing our uniform. A black short skirt with white long sleeves at the top, paired with pink ribbon as our ponytail.

But not all roses are beautiful. There are black roses. There are thorns. You'll never know how and when its beauty would deceive you.

She smiled at me devilishly and waved her hand in the air.. to take me back from what I was thinking during the time.

"I-I'm sorry."

I immediately went to the table 5 she was telling. A group of men my age were there with their women by their side. I was ready to think they're lovers but then again, places like this.. love did not exist. It never would.

I get my pen and tiny note book from my pocket. Two of them were watching me. While others were busy flirting with their partners.

"Ano po ang order niyo mga sir?" I asked respectfully and though there was a little bit seductive tone to catch all of their attention. And yes, they all looked at me with amusement in their eyes, well except to those women who are now glaring at me. Opps! I'm sorry to temporarily get your men's attention.

"Oh hi Ms. Purple!" one of them greeted. His hair was messy. His eyes were very dark brown. He smiled boyishly at me and seemed to forgot the woman beside him. Alright, after this night, a group of haters for me again?

I knew this guy. I knew their group. They were regulars here. The night I started to work, they were here. And then almost everynight, they're here. I wonder all the time if these people did not have other matters to attend to since they were always here. Have no other life outside this bar? But anyway, that was not my scope of concern. So long as they're customer, i'll be good.