Chapter 10: Behind Bars

Present: "what dungeon really sounds like.."

In a plain room only with a square table and two chairs, we went inside. I prepared myself more than ever. I memorized the scenario and the responses I shall make to every question he shall ask.

I am confident that everything shall go my way. That I am in control of this life so that I'll be controlling hers forever.

I waited for him to talk first. I sat as comfortable as I could. As ready as ever.

"Good morning Arra. How's your day?" He asked while fixing his piece of a paper.

"I'm good."

"Alright. Before we start, May I ask how you feel and think of this first session we'll be having?"

"I am so excited." I smirked.

"That's very nice to hear." I secretly rolled my eyes.

"We are here today because we both agreed you'll undergo series of sessions, right?" I nodded. "I have a video here and I want it to show to you so our minds could have the same corners."

A video was played on the wall. I watched it and showed to him I was very attentive. Well I wasn't at first but as the video continue to play, I was caught.

It was a video about mental disorders. Different kind of disorders, explaining its nature, causes and impacts. Basically, I knew all that. But what caught my attention was the video wasn't only about disorders. It has story about living and getting back into life, about hope with deep meaning. That made me afraid.

For a moment, I was afraid Arra might get triggered and come out. I simply shooked my head and assured myself, she'll never be free because I made sure of that.

I sighed in relief when the video ended after 10 minutes.

"So, how was it?" He asked immediately.

"It is enlightening. Inspiring, I must say." I tried my best to sound very convincing.

"I showed you that video to enable you feel that way. Because I know you are aware of your situation. You do know that you are suffering from a mental disorder. You are suffering from Schizophrenia."

He informed me. And explained about the mental disorder I am having.

And so I whispered to myself. "I told you, things shall go my way."

My happiness was evident that time. That's my goal. To redirect the path and divert his attention from "what really is happening to me (or, alright, to Arra)" to concluding that I have Schizophrenia.

"When a person has this kind of mental disorder, you'll be having three major abnormal actions. And that is hallucination, delusion, and world creation which makes you difficult to distinguish between what is real and unreal. It is a brain disorder that affects the way a person behaves, thinks, and sees the world."

He explained more about the disorder. I listened the entire time.

"You developed this because of the traumatic events you had in the past. For example, the death of your parents and younger brother-"

"Oh Come on Doc! I've move on." I cut him off.

"I know. But I want you to fully recover." He answered. I just shrugged my shoulders. "So, I am expecting that you will be with me until the end. And religiously hoping you will speak the truth."

Again, I shrugged my shoulder. "I hope so, Doc."

He continued on the lecture. Like what's the real cause of me developing mental disorder. Its impact to my life and to the lives of those who surround me. He discussed also the reasons why I end up here, why I was here and why I should rehabilitate my mind, and so on.