Ch. 4

[Edds POV]
It's been a while. Me, Matt, and Tom had been waiting for Tord in the hospital for a couple hours by now. I'm actually surprised that Tom agreed to show up, considering that they have a tough relationship with each other. Matt, on the other hand, didn't look too worried. Instead, he was looking at himself through a mirror in the hospital.

"You guys here for Tord Larsson?" A hospital worker asked us, holding a clipboard and wearing a flu mask. "Y-yes, what room is he in?" I asked, my voice shaking. Tord was my friend, and even after what he had done to us, I don't think he tried to intentionally hurt us. I have known Tord for years, and he's really sweet on the inside. "He's in room 239. Go down the first hall and make a right, the room is at the end of that hall." The lady said. I could tell she was smiling at us through her flu mask she wore. Me, Matt, and Tom got up, and started following the directions that the worker gave to us. Once we got to the end of the hallway, I took a deep breath, twisted the handle, and pushed open the door. Tom gasped, and his blank eyes showed shock. I was in complete shock too, though. Tord was laying on the bed, with an oxygen mask on his face. Tubes and IV's were plugged into different parts of his arms and legs.

"Jesus Christ..." I heard Tom mutter under his breath, covering his mouth with his hands. Appropriate reaction. Matt was just looking at him. Then he walked closer to him, and sat onto a sofa chair near him. "So...is he gonna die?" Matt asked, looking sorrowful.

"Of course not! Don't worry, the doctor said he'll be fine." I said. Tom looked at Tord again, and for a slight second I saw him mutter something like 'I'm sorry' under his breath. Maybe they will get along.

[Tom's POV]
Tord looked, to be honest, as pale as my bedsheets. He looked tired, although he was sleeping. I don't know why, but I reached out my arm to touch his pale face. It felt cold. I saw him open his eyes slightly, and Edd looked relieved. To be honest, I felt a bit relieved as well. Me and Tord used to be friends, but after what he did to us, I don't think I can forgive him. But I can't stand to see him die. Even if I hate him.

[Tords POV]
I slightly opened my eyes. I felt weak. All I remember is passing out. I opened my eyes fully, and looked up. Edd, Matt, and Tom were hovering above me. Well, Edd and Tom. Matt was looking at himself in the mirror. Typical Matt. I tried to laugh, but only let out a soft exhale. Edd was talking to Tom above me, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I don't think they noticed I had waken up. I tried to move as much as I could to signal that I was awake, but my arms and legs wouldn't do anything. My fingers twitched a little, and Tom looked at me. He told Edd something, and Edd looked at me. He bent down, and said something to me. I couldn't hear him, so I shook my head to try to signal that I could not hear him. He looked upset, and backed away. Then he left the room with Matt and Tom. I didn't enjoy being alone. I felt like I wanted to cry. Then Edd, Tom, and Matt came back in with a doctor. My head still ached but I could hear what they were talking about with the doctor.

"Wh*$ I a*#ed him if he **els o*a*, he s**o* h** he*#, and I'm c#&*er*#$ ab*$& h#s he#*t*." I heard Edd say. Something about me. That's all I know. Then, I couldn't hear what the doctor replied, but I knew that they were talking about me. Why couldn't they just let me die. They know life is meaningless to me. So why did they save me?
[704 words]