Ch. 9

Y'all gonna hate me for this chapter.

[Tom's POV]
That little shit.... he should be lucky to be alive. Wait... he already tried to commit suicide.. OH GOD WHAT IF WHAT I SAID WILL MAKE HIM OVERDOSE AGAIN?! FUCK!

I banged my fist onto Tord's door.

"TORD, OPEN THE DOOR!"

No response.

"TORD I SWEAR TO GOD, OPEN THE DOOR!"

I kicked open the door, only to find Tord sleeping on his bed. That was a relief, to be honest. Edd would blame me if he died. And to be honest, I would blame myself. Before I walked out of the room, I saw drops of blood on the floor. I knew what it meant. Tord had been cutting again.

I gently pulled down his sleeves to see the damage, only to see that there were dozens on cuts scattered around his arms, which were covered up in toilet paper. What I said probably triggered something in his mind. No, screw that, it had to. It did. I do care, but I hate him. Well...that's not entirely true.

It's the stupid side effects of having bi-polar. You say something you don't mean. I believe I hate him, the voices in my head tell me I should... but I feel something different than what the voices tell me.

I threw out the pieces of toilet paper he wrapped around his arms and replaced the toilet paper with gauze from the first aid kit in his room. Then I saw Tord was awake.

"Edd?" He asked. In his room it was dark so he couldn't see who I was. Maybe I could get something out of this...

"Yeah?" I asked him. It would be easier if he thought I was someone else. "Can you stay here with me?" I heard him say. He looked drained, and from what I knew he was going to be trapped in depression for a while. The past would haunt him for years to come, I knew. "Of course." I heard him turn around on the bed. "How long do you need me to stay?" I asked in whispery voice. "As long as you want.." Tord said, turning around again.

[Edds POV]
Things are going well. I had been standing outside the room the whole time. I feel happy. Everything is going to plan.

[Toms POV]
An hour had passed. I wanted to leave, but it was so calm staying in Tord's room. Watching him rest peacefully on the bed like nothing had ever happened to him in the first place. I decided to head back to my room now, looking at him before I went to leave. I walked toward Tord's bed, and whispered in his ear,

"I love you..." And I left his room.

"I love you too..." I heard Tord say, turning around to his wall. I felt happy. And then I realized...

He thought I was Edd....
[486 words]