𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮

"How long has she been up here going at that dummy?" I heard Mingi ask Yunho.

Yunho sighs, "Well, ever since she came out of her quarters so...about two hours ago."

I continue to clash my sword with the dummy's sword, imagining the dummy to be Hongjoong. I have to prove to him that I'm strong and I can be a resource if he needs me to be.

"Where'd she get the pirate clothes? It's interesting to see her wearing breeches like us haha." I heard Wooyoung join them.

"She met up with the captain earlier," Yunho explains.

My sword gets stuck deep in the dummy's wooden chest and I struggle to pull it out. Mingi comes over to me and pulls the sword out successfully and hands it to me. I huff and thank him before continuing to hit the dummy.

"Princess, your form is all wrong, first of all. Where'd you learn those sword tactics anyway?" he asks me.

I stop swinging my sword and catch my breath, "I was taught...fencing."

Wooyoung chuckles, "No wonder. But I mean, hey at least she's got a base."

"Princess, fencing is wayyyyy different than pirate sword fighting," Mingi explains to me.

I look up at him in confusion, "Different? But how could handling a sword be any different?"

Yunho gets up from the deck floor, "In fencing, there's rules, right? Well, pirates don't follow rules. Therefore fighting is practically based on skill, tactics, and freestyle."

"N-no rules?! But...but.."

"Why are you practicing now?" Wooyoung asks me.

I blow a strand of my hair away from my face, "Hongjoong kinda...challenged me to a sword fight..."

"WHAT?!?!" They all exclaim.

"HAHAHA, She's as good as DEAD!! Wait till I tell the others!!" Wooyoung laughs and runs off.

"I'm sure I can take him on. He's not as brutal as he seems." I explain confidently.

Mingi and Yunho look at each other with disappointed expressions on their faces before turning back and looking at me.

"Princess...Captain came from a sailing academy before he became a pirate. He was a first class fighter. In both pistol and sword. When it comes to battles with other pirates, he's taken on big groups by himself!! I know because we've all seen it with our own eyes. I also know since he's always got the most wounds out of all of us that I always have to patch up." Yunho explains to me.

"Yunho is right. Sorry to break the truth though but fencing skills are no match against a pirate's cutlass." Mingi says taking my sword.

I sigh, "So...you're meaning to say that I might lose against him..."

Mingi smiles at me, "Not on my watch! I can teach you how to fight like a pirate!! and i can teach you some of Hongjoong's moves so you can recognize them quickly and block them!"

"And I'll just make sure you both don't hurt yourselves haha.," Yunho says with a smile.

I smile at them, maybe I'll have a chance. "Thanks...I appreciate it."

~🏴‍☠️.'•👑~

Dusk came and everyone is out on the deck with nervous expressions on their faces. I'm practically exhausted from the pirate lesson from Mingi but I'm confident that I can definitely take on the captain now.