𝓤𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓲𝓪

Princess Iridessa's Point of View

"We're almost there, princess! Just about three more hours to go!" Yeosang tells me with a smile as he continues piloting the ship.

I pat him on the back with a cheerful smile as a thank you then I went back down to the deck. I went to the rail and looked at the ATINY ship that sailed right next to us. I'm really glad everything worked out after all.

"Princess..." I hear Seonghwa behind me and I quickly turned around startled.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to scare you. It's just I have to clean that spot where you're standing."

Honestly, it'll still take me a while to be alright with Seonghwa again. That goes for everyone else as well. We're all still warming back up to him, but it'll take time after what he did to us. What he did to me...

I move to the side and let him mop the deck floor. He then stops cleaning then looks up at me with sad eyes.

"I feel really, really bad about what I did to you. I know I gave you and Hongjoong the worse and I know it'll take more than an apology to be back to the way we were before." He tells me.

He looks at my neck and sees that the necklace he gave me is long gone.

"Well, you're absolutely right. But, being the princess that I am, I'm willing to forgive you Seonghwa. But I just want to know one thing...why?"

"Well in the beginning, I've always hated rich people because they always gave me a hard time growing up poor. Even when meeting Hongjoong changed my life, deep inside I still always wanted to get back at the high class. So, when I was told of a deal to kidnap you and sell you off, I thought that was the biggest play in the book that would've shaken up everyone and taught the rich a lesson. But, I was wrong. Again, I'm very sorry. I got only greedy with you when you stayed on board. I'll be honest too, I accidentally opened the door on you and Hongjoong kissing that day."

My cheeks heated up as I recalled that day and I looked down in embarrassment, "O-oh you saw that?"

"Yeah. That made me so jealous of Hongjoong. I knew how you felt about him but I didn't want to accept the truth. I let greed and jealousy take over my heart and blind me from what really mattered."

"And what's that?"

Seonghwa smiles at me, "Friendship. Hongjoong and I talked about wanting to find our treasure in our lives and now I finally realize after all these years...all I wanted was a long-lasting friendship. A small group of people who'll stay with me no matter what. It started with Hongjoong, then, later on, the other six guys. My treasure is ATEEZ. Not gold, not revenge, but an unbiological family."

I felt my heart soften in my chest from his sweet words. I smile at Seonghwa for the first time in a while, feeling really happy for him.

"Well, I need to finish swabbing the rest of the deck. I'll see you later, princess." Seonghwa says to me then picks up his bucket and mop and leaves.

I turn back around and look at the sea. I spotted my kingdom in the distance, I really was almost home. I think it's fascinating how different the ATEEZ pirates really are from other pirate crews. Each member joined not to seek literal treasure, but perhaps a more metaphorical treasure, and they were willing to help each other out to find it. This makes me wonder myself...what's my treasure in life?  I've been on this ship for about two weeks now but I don't even know if I found it yet. How would I know if I've found it?

"Ahem!" I suddenly hear someone clear their throat to get my attention.

I turn around and I felt my heart start fluttering in my chest when I see Captain Hongjoong's adorable smile. He looks at me shyly with his hands behind his back hiding something from me.