❝ 𝚘𝚗𝚎 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 ❞

____________________

5 years ago

" stop laughing at me kwon soonyoung !" wonwoo pinched the side of soonyoung's waist, bringing the latter into a big laugh.

" i mean, it's not my fault you're being such a scaredy cat-"

"i said stooooopppp" wonwoo whined and closed his face with his both hands and ears were tinged red. soonyoung laughed again, so hard until he was thrown back to the soft mattress. the younger's tense shoulder was soften, as he slowly removed his hands and watched at the laughing soonyoung. he can't help but smiles fondly at him, wishing the moment to stop.

their summer break was about to start, meaning the awaiting police academy that wonwoo and  soonyoung wished to enroll will come very soon.

ah, now he's nervous again, hands sweating eventhough they were in wonwoo's comfortable room with air-conditioning was on. he took a deep breath, as if that would calm his riot heart.

and soon before he knows, the day was actually tomorrow.

" okay j-just what if the instructors there would be mad at me since i was so skinny-"

"oh my god wonwoo please stop-" soonyoung sighed." you're gonna be just fine because i'm there , okay??" he patted the anxious wonwoo's back with a smile plastered on his face. wonwoo somehow felt butterflies over his stomach and nodded slowly. soonyoung never failed at this, never failed at destroying the insecurities that were building up on wonwoo. the younger was such a naive, innocent- but a very anxious boy. but since soonyoung existed beside him since he's in middle school, well- you can call it as life-changing to him. he steps outside his boundaries, knowing himself better. thank god to soonyoung who keeps on yelling at him because wonwoo keeps on saying he doesn't have a dream.

thanks to that too, here they both are. in front of a police academy, on the way to accomplish their dreams; to be a police officers. skies lighting up the earth more beautiful that day, showing the hot summer was about to begin. but that's not what's important to them. it's the next challenging steps they're about to face.

after settling in, wonwoo crashed the bed, so does soonyoung. sighed leaving their lips as they landed on the not so comfortable bed, not like wonwoo's bed back at his house, but he found it is okay to relax to. looking back on today, it was indeed a tired day, since the instructors were asking them to ran 10 laps right after they introduced themselves, and what a lucky day, today's weather is totally hot.

"i'm going to be dead at this point if this weather's getting hotter." soonyoung groaned, making wonwoo who's by his side laughed. it's funny how they were lucky to be a roommate too. they randomly picked numbers and coincidentally, they got to be roommates. it's fine though, not like wonwoo wanted to make new friends yet.

"nah, it's not because the weather right? it's because of meeee" wonwoo wiggling his eyebrows, while soonyoung shows his disgusted face.

" please, it's hot because of me, not you HAH! " the older frowned and hit wonwoo with the pillow beside him. "taste that, jerk." soonyoung stick his tongue out, only to be laugh by the younger. slowly, wonwoo looked at soonyoung, a different look, the one that holds fondness, and love. yes, love. wonwoo is not a kid to not noticed his crush for him sooner.

though he had never tell anyone, scared to be called faggot or to be fun of, and most importantly, to get rejected. so he keeps it inside, for years long. wonwoo didn't noticed the frown he makes as his thought ran wild and the sighed left his mouth.