Chapter 21: Super Humans

          As people flowed away from the bleachers and into the dark, a group of guys walked around the fire, followed by a group of girls.  I picked out Kevin, Angela, and Nirvana.  Nirvana stood away from Kevin and Angela, her face pale with rage.

            By the time all the normal humans left, there were at least four dozen others hanging around the campfire.  Some of them were arguing, shouting insults at each other while others glowered in the darkness.  Bridget came back, followed by Brandon just as a fight broke out.  I swiftly moved to break up the fight, but Bridget and Brandon slipped between them first, holding the two guys away from each other.

            “You guys need to stop fighting, we’re getting nowhere with this,” Angela screamed at one of the fighting super humans.  “None of us are!  If we work together we can fix this thing.”

            “But how, none of us know what the government wants us for,” One of the guys yelled.  “Or why they are trying to revolutionize the human race.”

            “I know what might happen,” a deep, familiar voice growled behind me.  I turned to face Sam walking down the bleachers.    He walked up to the fire, stopping n front of the group of super naturals.  “Considering the government has slowly been angering the public, and keeping secrets from us, the entire world will break out into a war.  We super humans will be the base of their attack, considering we will be exposed now that some of us have been on the news.”  Sam looked toward me, then toward Nirvana.  She cowered back, hissing at him.  She attacked a human a voice rang in my head.  It was a bloody mess and she’s been hiding ever since.

            I nodded to Kevin, who looked at me with question and understanding.  Most of these people were scared, even if most of the things they did were accidents.  Some might have been on purpose, but they have reasons for it.

            “We’ve should have been exposed years ago, we’ve been living with humans for centuries and they used to know of our existence, but why do they choose to ignore us now,” a younger guy asked, throwing his fist down on the bleachers.  The wood snapped from impact, but it didn’t break.

            “Come on guys, we need to find a way to defend ourselves,” Bridget said, slowly walking up next to me.  “Karissa is acting upon this new discovery, now we need to as well.  We need to help humans and prevent this war.  It’s not right, no one should fight for no reason.  This is all getting out of hand.”

            “I agree,” Vanessa said, walking up beside me.  She winked just as Grace walked up beside her.  “None of this is right.”

            “We need to help Karissa,” Kevin smiled.  “She’s the leader in all of this, and everyone knows that.  We need to find out as much information that we can, even if it’s just a little.  We need to protect ourselves.”

            “Well said,” Brandon said before walking off, back to his spot against the bleachers.