Chapter 3: Activity

As morning grew the next day, you woke up to the sound of birds chirping at the window. Your eyes slowly opened seeing that the room was a bit dark as if it was still night time but the clock on the drawer said otherwise. Sitting up on the bed you looked at the window realizing that it was cloudy outside. Thunder could be heard in the distance.

"I thought it was going to be sunny today, guess my weather app was wrong.. Stupid app." You got out of bed, heading into the bathroom.

You decided to take a quick shower to start the day and put on something simple to be comfortable in. You chose a simple f/c shirt and jeans with black shoes.

As you walked out of your room heading down to the car deciding where to begin your search for the super villain until an idea popped in your head making you close the door to the cab staring at the steering wheel for a few seconds.

"The little town mall wouldn't be a bad place to start." You said to yourself shifting the car's gear, driving to your destination.

Driving through the streets you didn't see the hero flying in the sky this time, in fact her was nowhere to be seen.

"Hopefully he wont be around today." You said focusing on the road speeding a bit over the speed limit, incase he did show up.

There was fairly good amount of people out which there wasn't that much traffic. You got to the mall within 20 minutes. The building was three stories high in which the top level was dedicated to food and an arcade for everyone to start with and make their way down.  The middle and final floor had many shops to go through. You thought that this would be a perfect place to start your search for any  suspicious activity and to blend in with the rest of the crowed at least.

Starting with the top floor, you got a little something to eat making your way down to the second floor.

"This mall is bigger than it looks on the outside." You said walking down the stairs, glancing around the shops.

There was so much to look at. With a little smile you continued to walk 'window shopping' a bit. There was clothes, jewelry, shoes, accessories, and furniture to look over. A couple of things caught your eye wanting to buy some stuff but then you noticed a person dressed in all black with a hoodie covering face snagging an old woman's purse from her shoulder. She caught the strap on time putting up a little fight with him making the scene ahead of you a tug of war.

"Oh no you don't." You said in a low voice speed walking to them.

"Give Me Your Purse You Old Hag!" the male yelled, yanking the purse that caused the old woman to stumble your way almost failing. You caught her in time, helping her catch her balance.

"Wanna give something back?!" You looked up at the male who took off running.

You rolled your eyes chasing after which wasn't to hard to do. You kept up so close that it was easy to kick one of his feet from behind causing him to trip and fall on his face.

"To easy." You took the purse, forcing the guy to sit up and took down his hood.

Realizing that it was a teenager you narrowed your eyes for a second. He looked up at you with anger then his expression changed once the security officer came.

You gave the elder woman her purse back where she thanked you and gave you a flower pin.

"Thank you." You smiled, putting on the f/c flower pin.

"No, thank you. My purse means a lot to me, my granddaughter made me this purse before she passed." She smiled giving you a hug before going about her day. "Thank you my dear."