Chapter 8: Shadows

"Good morning Y/n," Flug entered your room with a clip board in his hands.

"Good morning." You turned to look at him as you sat on the bed from staring at nothing. You had been thinking of an escape plan to get out of the mansion ever since the phone call you had with Evan.

"How did it go with the boss? When do you get to work with us?" His voice was cheerful, you can tell he was smiling underneath the bag that was on his head.

"Work with you guys?" You asked confused raising a brow, "We didn't talk about anything. In fact nothing was discussed."

"Then, what happened?" Flug stood before you confused. His smile faded, just then the door opened taking his and your attention.

Black Hat was there, he stood in his physical appearance looking at you then to Flug, "That's none of your concern Flug, now if you will. I have new plans for an upcoming invention in the lab and I'll make the girl my responsibility. I'll let you know if she needs anything if I can't attend her."

"Y-yes." Flug nodded looking at his bosses physical appearance, from his expression Flug knew deep down why you were needed. Of course Flug didn't approve of it. 

"Good, now go attend your lab." The slender figure stepped aside giving Flug enough room to get out. Quickly the scientist made his way out while looking at you with worry.

"As for you." Black Hat closed the door behind himself, walking up to you.

"Yes?" Your eyes looked up to him, noticing that his physical appearance was starting to change into a dark shadow. "Whatever I tell you or whatever happens between us, you will not tell another soul. Understand?!" His voice somewhat echoed near the end.

"I do." You nodded, looking away from him, feeling slightly drained.

"Very good then. But. If you ever do break that I wont hesitate to kill you."

"Okay." You felt emotionless which he did notice.

"Now," he stared at you for a moment. Thinking of something. "You will remain in your room for the day, rest. Once the sun sets come to my office for further orders."

"Alright." You looked down at the dark carpet. When you looked back to see him one more time he was gone. Looking around the room you realized that you were alone.

"Damn," You exhaled. "How am I going to escape from this? Especially something like him? And feeling weak every now and then? I don't know if I can do this. I probably should call Ben or Evan in this case." You opened your phone seeing that it didn't have a signal of service or data. "That's just great." You put your phone away, making your way to the window. All you could see was a city, an empty city with dark clouds approaching in the distance. Something wasn't right.

As the day past you slept for a while,  waiting for the sun to set. Once your eyes opened you noticed that the room was really dark, you looked towards the window seeing that the clouds had taken over.

"I better start making my way to him." you said getting up from the comfy mattress heading to his office feeling a bit dizzy. For a second you stopped waiting for the hall to stop moving. Closing your eyes helped a bit but it made your stomach turn. Shaking your head in order to focus you made it to his doors, giving a light knock.  

The doors opened inviting you in like before, this time Black Hat was waiting for you. He was sitting at his desk. His appearance was starting to turn into a mist texture, something was telling you that he was slowly seeping into the other dimension that he was in before. His power was really limited.