Chapter 9: Your Pain

Flug was stuck in a panic mode more than anything else as he did his best to give you the care that you needed. His gloved hands trembled mostly as he quickly typed on his computer, processing commands for it to begin the treatment. He picked you up once the air craft had landed on Hat's Island where Black Hat held his organization and kept his main mansion there, since the hero's have found the location of the second.

Quickly, the scientist made his way into the main lab placing you on a soft bed. Checking for any other injuries.

"Wait what?" He paused, noticing the marking on your wrist. "Oh dear, so that's why he wanted to meet her only at night." Flug placed your arm down at your side. "He'll feed off of her for four nights then on the fifth night... He's gonna kill her for the everlasting life so he can stay in this dimension. But I think, there can be another way." He thought out loud, looking back at your peaceful face.

"So how is she doing doc?" Demencia came in the room watching the scientist do his works.

"She's fine, just the hits to the head weren't much help. Her system is drained and hasn't eaten in a long time." Flug said as he put an oxygen mask on your face then carefully placed a blanket on your body from when the lab gets cold. "She really needs to rest, plus with that ebony water still in her system. She's weak. I really can't do much at this point. She just needs to rest." He scratched the top of his head.

"Black Hat's power is something," Demencia thought for a moment. "So, when will he arrive?"

"I'm not so sure. He can't be gone for too long." Flug replied. "Anyway, let's go I'm sure he wants the mansion to be prepared for his arrival." He led the way out of the lab but then Demencia turned to get another look at you. Her expression was a bit worried but then she knew what was going to happen if Black Hat didn't return to this dimension. She turned off the lights, leaving you alone in the lab, closing the door.

Hours passed throughout the day as the sun began to set in the distance. The sky slowly turned into a dark blue along with stars shinning their way, giving a bit of light as the rest of the sky turned black in a matter of seconds. The Island gave a horror vibe. The full moon shined down at the mansion as a ray of the moon light shined on your skin somewhat helping you heal from the injuries. Everything had healed in a matter of seconds except for the bites on your wrist. Your eyes opened seeing the glowing moon that gave you comfort to look at, you felt relaxed for once. Slowly you took off the mask looking around to get an idea of where you were.

"I thought-...Wasn't the mansion was destroyed?" You asked getting up from the bed, almost losing your balance. Thankfully, you caught yourself on time gaining the strength to walk on your own. Making it out of the lab, a soft voice had greeted you.

"Good evening y/n." Flug was a few feet away from the door.

"Hey Flug," You glanced around. "I thought the mansion was destroyed?"

"It is, your in the main mansion. We are on Hat Island where Black Hat originally started his organization and it grew from there. The only place that no one knows about."

"That's cool," You said giving the mansion another look. "It's exactly the same but, it seems bigger?"

"Exactly." Flug gave a simple nod. "The original is four times bigger than the other. So it gives us plenty of room to play with. Also there are more rooms and hallways that go to different wings of the mansion. The other didn't have as much but becareful not to go into the dark looking ones or else Black Hat will get upset and somehow he will know."

"Okay." You nodded.

"Are you hungry?"

"Uh, yeah.. I can't really remember the last time I ate to be honest."