Chapter 11: Twists & Turns

"Oh dear, this isn't good!" Dr. Flug paced back and forth in your room as you watched him some sort of panic attack.

"What's going on?" You asked, completely confused on who was in the mansion. Trying to capture Flug's attention before he faints from the panic attack.

"Well uh... How can I put this.." He scratched his bagged head. "You see Lucifer is here and he's mostly unwanted here or around Black Hat."

"What's so bad about him?"

"Lucifer and Black Hat are very much alike, both are villains that want to rule the universe and love to have power."

"So he's a demon?" You asked.

"He's um.. the devil actually." Flug corrected you. "You see, years ago they were at war with each other to see who is the powerful being in this dimension. They have been battling for years, even before everyone's time. Until Lucifer cheated."

"Cheated?"

"Yeah, late one night back at the first Hat Mansion. Lucifer challenged Black Hat into a death Battle. Knowing Black Hat he never backs down from a fight, he loves to fight to prove a point. So he was seconds away from killing him until Lucifer opened a black hole that sucked him into the space dimension. He thought he had killed Black Hat but he was wrong. Nothing can really kill him at all. Eventually boss found his way back, that's why he was so limited to what he could do. If he didn't need the elements to rebuild himself, I'm sure you would be home safe right now. After all, once he's done coming back into this dimension he's going to set you free." Flug looked at you, noticing your surprised look.

"Free?" You looked at the floor. "I didn't think that was possible."  

"He has been thinking over his plan. He just want to get back at Lucifer more than anything."

"Oh." You nodded. "Should we go see if Black Hat is fine? Before anything happens?"

"Let me check something first. I'll be right back" Flug left the room.

Taking a minute to understand what Flug had revealed about Black Hat, you thought about your mission. Your still in the phase of collecting information about the villain. This mission is certainly taking it's time.

"Okay he's gone but Black Hat isn't in the mood to see anyone though." Flug shrugged.

"Don't worry I'm sure I can talk to him." You walked out of the room heading to the living room.

"Just be safe." Flug added.

"I will." You closed the door behind you.

Quietly entering the living room seeing the demon stare into the fire that was roaring as it burned the wood. Black Hat took a deep breath exhaling slowly as he seemed to be filled with worry and stress. This was the first. Gently you knocked on the wall nearby to capture his attention. His expression looked upset at first but then relaxed once he made eye contact.

"Hey." You spoke in a low voice, "Is everything okay?"

It took Black Hat a moment to speak but he also took the time to make his way to you.

"Normally, this shouldn't concern you but how things might go it does. You see a long time ago ther-" Just before Black Hat could explain the doors to the entrance opened taking yours and Black Hat's attention.

"One more thing Bla-." Lucifer stopped looking at you. "Ah, I see you have a human living under your mansion." He smiled wickedly.

"That's none of your fucking business Lucifer, what to do want?" Black Hat growled moving you behind him in a protective manner. You noticed Lucifer tried to get a good look at you as he tried to move a bit closer but the demon moved a well, shielding you.