ONE

New York City, New York 2008

The boring office was silent

Nick Fury, a man with only one eye sat across from a child, with dead parents and nowhere to go, was seeking his help. Thankfully, this wasn't the first time he had been put in this situation, An old friend, Carol, was the first. Then, Kol Nowak, came along; who was now placed under the wing of the best agent in S.H.I.E.L.D. history.

However for Nick Fury, this was the first time that anyone has told him that there was a traitor in his division. Although, David Dunnbar was in trouble with S.H.I.E.L.D. for stealing important information and weapon plans, but nothing of a blue liquid that the girl continued to tell him about.

"So, let me get this straight. Your father injected some blue liquid into your arm, you passed out, woke up and then ran here?" Fury asked the small child sitting across from him. "Technically, I didn't run; I took a bus but yes that's what happened." She snapped, the exhaustion was taking over her body therefore the attitude that came with the lack of sleep.

Raelynn examined the man's face, trying her best to not focus on his eye patch. But she could tell that he was still confused with what she was talking about. He couldn't tell if she was genuinely telling him the truth or if she was just wasting his time with her imagination.

"You told me that your father was afraid of me. Why was that?"

"He always said that you'd put him and my mother in jail for what they did."

"What did they do?"

"I don't know. They were scared of you." She softly answered.

Fury saw the fear in her eyes, he was starting to believe her but he needed proof before he admitted it.  Before he could respond, his office door opened. "Sir." A woman with shoulder length brown hair barged in.

"What is it, Agent Hill?" He asked his right hand. His tone completely changed knowing that she would only come in during a meeting if it was important.

"David Dunnbar and Angela Barster were found dead in Ohio, right outside of Shaker Heights. His throat ripped out and her neck snapped. Car was packed. Police say that there was a third person but nothings been confirmed yet." Fury immediately looked at the little girl.

"Did she have white, long hair?" Raelynn asked the agent. She never saw Vivians body but she did see that the passenger window was broken when she grabbed the money. Agent Hill looked at the girl with confusion as to how she knew that information. The woman nodded slightly.