TWO

New York City, New York 2012

Raelynn sat across from her brother, in their shared cubicle, looking at him typing away on his computer

"If you're gonna stare, then be discreet about it." He told her, not looking away from his project.

"Have you met her?" The preteen asked him. She had previously gone through Fury's old files and was putting them into a new S.H.I.E.L.D. system. At least this is what Fury told them to do. There was actually a much bigger problem at hand, he didn't want the kids to be unattended. This way, he knew exactly where they were, in a safe location with older agents surrounding each hallway.

While she was doing her job, she came across an old file, of course she read it but the words on the paper told a greater story. The file talked about a woman back in the 90's, she had forgotten her past and was brainwashed to be used as a weapon. But she landed on Earth by mistake as a crash-land, she then remeets her best friend and niece, she remembered who she was and what happened to her and took down the real enemy, the people who brainwashed her. Something about the story stuck with her, it was beautiful.

Kol took his eyes off his monitor and focused on his little sister. "Who?"

"Carol Danvers? In the file, it says that Fury would only call her for an emergency. But you've been here longer than me. Has she ever been here?" Raelynn explained, sliding the folder to him. The older teen read the pages in front of him but slightly shrugged his shoulders. "Never seen her before."

Before she could respond, Fury walked into the small office. "Agent Woźniak, Agent Dunnbar, I need you to follow me right away." He said sternly. He began to turn around but the paperwork caught his eye. "Where did you get that?"

Raelynn closed the envelope then handed it to him. "It was in the box you gave me. I was reading it before putting it in the system."

Fury shook his head. "I must've put it in there by mistake. But I'm telling you both now, never, ever put this in the database. Besides you two, I'm the only one who knows about this. It's gonna stay that way." He told them both. Fury never really worried in situations, but this file was triggering. Something about Carol was very important to him.

"Yes, sir." They both nodded.

"Now that's understood. Follow me."

The trio walked into the hallway, multiple agents gathered around them, as if they were the secret service. It was terrifying. Something bad was happening. Kol could sense that his sister was scared, he was too, this has never happened before. He gently took her hand, giving it a little squeeze; letting her know that she'd be okay.