SIX

The trio stayed on the floor, both kids still wrapped around Natasha

The trio stayed on the floor, both kids still wrapped around Natasha. Unfortunately, the woman didn't hear her new title. She was trying not to have a panic attack. It wasn't until they hugged her that she was able to hear again, pulling her from her thoughts.

Natasha was in no rush to move, her whole body ached. She needed time to recover before jumping into action again.

Within seconds, the ship began to spin as another engine was taken out.

"We're going down." Raelynn told the two as she released Natasha.

"It's Barton. He took our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?" Fury called over the comms.

Natasha took a second but reached for her ear piece. "This is Agent Romanoff, Woźniak and Dunnbar. We copy." The woman spoke before lifting her arm up for Raelynn to help her get back on her feet.

"You're hurt Nat, are you sure?" The girl asked. "We have a job to do Rae. Now let's go." The woman told her. The three headed for the detention level. "What's the word on the others?" Natasha asked considering she was busy.

"Well, we just saw Thor, but Steve and Tony are trying to fix an engine. Hill and Fury are on the bridge." Raelynn spoke to her mentor. Kol put Nats' right arm around his shoulder, trying to help take some pressure off her foot.

"I'm sorry for being late, we were on the other side of the ship. We should've been here faster." Kol told her. Had he fought harder with the agents that attacked him and not been bickering with Raelynn, he would've been down here sooner. He could have blasted Hulk away from Natasha and she wouldn't be hurt.

She heard the self blame in his tone and stopped walking. Her left hand grabbed his chin, so he would meet her eyes. "Hey, don't apologize, you understand me? Keep your eyes open for Barton." Natasha said, lowering her voice as she started to move forward.

Natasha had known the boy for seven years, she knew that he was too hard on himself, especially when it came to timing.

All three stopped when they saw Barton on the walkway above them. "I'll take the back, you guys take the front." Natasha said. Raelynn nodded before her and Kol duct under poles and machinery. Before they could get back up to take care of Barton and help Natasha, there stood a man dressed in black holding a gun at Raelynn.

"Come on, man. We can talk this out." Kol told him as he raised his hands to surrender. The brainwashed man didn't listen and shot a bullet at the teen, who quickly dodged it. "Guess not." Kol muttered before blasting another from his fist. Instead of hitting the man, he aimed for the wall next to him. The explosion made the killer fly backwards.

The two climbed up getting to where they needed to be, on the top walkway with Natasha. "What, were you sleeping?" Natasha asked, giving a small smirk.

"Is he good?" Raelynn questioned pointing to Barton who was lying on the ground, out cold.

"Agent Coulson is down." Fury said over the comms. Natasha looked at the kids as agents picked up an unconscious Barton to put in a room until he woke up.

Kol was the first one to move away. "No."

"A medical team is on its way to your location."

"They're here. They called it."

Tears started to weld in Raelynns' eyes. She immediately started walking away from the scene in front of her. Her powers were controlled based on her emotions, which is why she tried to be positive all the time. When her anger or sadness took over her mind, her powers got out of control.

Natasha and Kol saw the light coming out of her hands as she walked away. Giving her time was the best thing could do, but at a distance; they needed to make sure she got her control back.

Kol had a similar problem with his powers. He was able to absorb energy, generate rings of energy and blast plasma from his hands. His hands were no problem, they could aim at a target and shoot. But the rings were a different story, once it started coming out of him, the more he lost control. He was scared of it, especially since it ruined his life.

This is where his second suit came into play. His suit had a containment unit on his chest to help focus his energy and channeled his power into a beam.

Raelynn stopped in front of an already broken machine that was hanging from the wall, without hesitation she began to hit it over and over again until it fell to the ground.

__

"Stay here. I'm going to talk to him." Natasha told the kids before leaving to enter Barton's room. He was starting to wake up.

Raelynn sat down on the floor outside of the door, the metal wall cooling her back. Kol sat next to her, resting his head on her shoulder; her head rested on the side of his.

"I wanna go home."

"Me too, Kol. Me too."

Moments later, Steve walked up to them. "Where's Agent Romanoff?" He asked.

"Inside with Barton. What's going on?" Kol asked the man, raising to his feet.

"We know where Loki is going." He answered, before opening the door. His eyes found Natasha standing next to Clint's bed, waiting for him to exit the bathroom. "Time to go."

"Go where?" She asked.

"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?"

In perfect timing, Clint entered the room. "I can."

Steve looked at the man, who didn't look brainwashed anymore, but then moved his eyes to Natasha. She gave him a nod, telling him that it was okay to trust him. "You got a suit?"

"Yeah."

"Then suit up."

AUTHORS NOTE 😁
hi everyone! i made a tiktok account for edits for the books, voidobiwanwp
please check it out if you want, if not that's cool too!
also if you want to make edits for my books/characters, i welcome it, please just tag me! i'd love to see your work