EIGHT

The Avengers formed a circle once the force field was down

The Avengers formed a circle once the force field was down. Screaming filled their ears, the army was not happy about the Leviathan going down.

Thor raised Mjolnir.

Hawkeye aimed his arrow.

Black Widow held her gun.

Captain America fastened the strap of his shield.

Iron Man warmed up his blasters.

Kane controlled the energy in his body to move to his chest.

Flare created daggers.

After multiple fights, this is what it all led up to. The Avengers is what they were made for, to save the world when on one else could.

"Guys, we got more incoming." Kane advised watching the Chitauri poor out of the portal.

"Call it, Cap." Iron Man told the older man. As much as they butted heads, the instructions were needed.

"All right, listen up. Until we can close that portal our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call you patterns and strays." Cap ordered, turning to the man.

Moving onto Iron Man, Cap advised. "Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

Clint walked over to the red suited man. "Can you give me a lift?"

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas."  He answered before grabbing the back of Bartons' suit and soaring through the air.

"Thor, you got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lighting, light them up." The god swung his hammer in circles before taking off.

The remaining five on the ground walked closer to each other. "We stay here on the ground. We keep the fighting here." Cap advised the small family. He quickly turned to Hulk. "And Hulk...Smash."

A smile quickly grew on his face before jumping on the side of a building destroying an army member, happily repeating the steps as he jumped to a building across the street.

"Alright kids, let's see what you got."

Kane took this opportunity to blast most of the Chitauri coming his way.

Flare threw daggers, sending them through alien brains. One had dodged a dagger and began running at her. She quickly ran to it and punched it in the head as it was going down.