TWELVE

"Hey, sailor

"Hey, sailor." Natasha greeted the pirate as he hung up the phone. The man didn't get to say a word before the spy kicked him in the back of the knee, making him cry out in pain. "Go check for others." She ordered wrapping a wire around his neck.

Raelynn followed her orders, running in the opposite direction. A tight grip on her hair pulled her back, taking her to the ground.

A grunt escaped her mouth as the man began to drag her, shoving her into the cold metal floor. Quickly, she formed a dagger and forced it into his thigh. Immediately he let her go, only to aim his gun at her.

Unphased, she kicked the gun out of his hand. Raelynn caught it as it came back down, crushing it immediately. The man looked stunned at the power she had, only lasting a second before he reached for a smaller gun in his waistband. She sent another kick, but this time it was to his head, knocking him out.

Raelynn checked the rest of the engine room, only to find it clear.

"Natasha, what's your status?" Steve asked over comms, making her jump since it had been quiet for a couple of minutes. As if, right on time, Natasha jumped down from the previous floor. She was about to respond when another man came running from behind her. "Status, Natasha." Steve called over again.

"Hang on!" Natasha jumped onto the man's shoulders and electrocuted him with her gauntlets. As he fell, Nat did a front flip off of him, getting up to another man around the corner. Raelynn threw a dagger at the man's leg.

"Engine room secure." The older woman spoke, grabbing a metal pipe and swung at the pirates head, knocking him out for good. Natasha looked at her daughter. "Find Kol, I'll meet you both in a few minutes."

"Yes ma'am."

As Raelynn ran to the top deck to find her brother, she saw Steve jump and throw his shield into a window of the cockpit. Kol was close behind him.

She moved quickly, almost reaching them when she was hit in the back of the head, taking her to the ground. The pirate picked her up and threw her overboard. The shock of the cold water jolted her back to reality.

Before she could shoot a small grappling hook out of her gauntlet, a hand grabbed her foot, pulling her under the water. It was a man that Steve had kicked overboard earlier.

Steve charged at a man, taking him through the door. "Well, this is awkward." Natasha said as the older man got up.

"What are you doing? Where's Raelynn?" Steve asked, walking over to the red haired woman who was taking information off a computer and childless. "Backing up the hard drive. It's a good habit to get into and she was supposed to find Kol." Natasha answered not taking her eyes off the screen.

Steve walked closer to the woman. "She never did. Rumlow needed both of your help. What are you doing here?" Steve asked stopping behind Natasha to look at her screen. "You're saving S.H.I.E.L.D. intel." Steve answered his own question.

"Whatever I can get my hands on." Natasha said but soon to be cut off by Steve.

"Our mission is to rescue hostages." Steve told her, looking at her with confusion. "No, that's your mission,and you've done it beautifully." Natasha smiled at him as she took the flash drive out of the computer.

--

Kol finished defeating his last opponent, knocking the man out. "Anyone copy?"

No answer.

The teen shook his head before leaving his post, Steve had left him to fight another pirate. He decided to try to find Rumlow but was distracted when he heard splashing.

Running to the side of the boat, he saw a pirate that was thrown overboard, smiling as arms were flailing in front of him. Kol watched for a second longer to see a head pop up, it was Raelynn.

A part of him wanted to yell at the guy to get his attention. But he knew he couldn't. The best thing he could do was silently aim his gauntlet and release a Widow Bite, which is what he did.

The pirate immediately dropped his hands off of the girl's head and she came up for a deep breath.

After she stopped coughing, Raelynn shot her gravel hook at the side of the boat, finally getting out of the cold water. Kol helped her back to the deck, patting her back to help get the rest of the water out of her body.

"Thanks." She let out a raspy mumble. Kol nodded in response.

They sat there in silence for a few seconds, thankfully there were no pirates around. But they knew they had to get back to their jobs. "You've seen mom?" Kol asked her.

Raelynn shook her head. "No, I was preoccupied with almost drowning."

Nobody said anything due to the explosion.

"Romanoff, Rogers, talk to me. Now!" She exclaimed as she looked at Kol, who shared the same expression of concern.

"Do you both copy?" Kol asked into the comm once again getting no response the first time.

"Yeah, we're good." Natasha spoke first as Steve got up. "Copy." He panted, annoyed by the whole mission in general. Natasha took a second to get up from the ground.

"Why are you wet?" Natasha asked the moment she saw the teens back on the aircraft. Raelynn shrugged her shoulders. "Decided to take a swim." Both of the women smiled at her joke. Natasha was happy to see Raelynn starting to be herself again.