FIVE

"Come on, Rae

"Come on, Rae. Up and at 'em." Kol shook the girls' right shoulder. Their alarm had been going off for more than five minutes. When this didn't work, he grabbed her feet and dragged her to the floor. "Kol!" Raelynn squealed as she hit the cold metal floor.

"I tried to be nice." He told her before walking over to the alarm clock, putting the room at peace. Raelynn took her uniform off the desk then went to the bathroom to change and get ready. Luckily, she held the fastest time of putting on the difficult suit, only forty seconds.

Once the siblings were ready, they made their way to the cafeteria to get breakfast. The teen was finally able to tell her Steve and Bruce's reaction from the previous day, making them both laugh. "I'm so sad I missed it."

"No, it was a power move. If you would've stayed it would've ruined the moment."

After the growing children devoured their food. "Let's go find Nat." Raelynn spoke, grabbing her empty plate from the table.

"Rae, wait." Kol protested, keeping his place in his seat. "Can we talk really quick?"

The blonde nodded before she sat down again. "What's up?"

"Do you actually-"

"Feel like she's our mom?" She finished his question. "I never had a mom. I'm going based on what I've seen. We live with her, every saturday we watch cartoons, she sings to us when we can't sleep, she kisses us goodnight, helps us with our homework, braids my hair and she has constantly protect us. Everything I've seen on TV or in public, that checks the boxes for being a mom."

Raelynn gently put her hand on top of Kols'. "I know, you lost yours and I know, you don't want to admit that you think the same way, because if you do it'll hurt twice as bad if something happens to her." His eyes immediately fell to the table, he didn't want to cry. "But, whether or not she feels the same, I want her to be in my life. Mentor or mother or even both. I just." She stopped to take a deep breath. Kol looked back at her.

"I just finally have something good. I want to enjoy it for as long as I have it."

Kol nodded after she finished her little speech. It was crazy how much she understood. "You're right."

"When am I wrong?"

Before anyone could respond, a loud explosion happened, shaking the floor. Immediately following a red light and alarm filling the room and hallway. "What was that?" Kol asked getting up, losing all his sad emotions.

"Lokis' trap." Raelynn said as she watched agents run down the hallways. The two began to run to the glass door, but it wouldn't budge. The system was down and it was locked.