e i g h t

••••••

••••••

KAT FIGURED BY DOING THIS, SHE WOULD BE IN THOMAS' BAD BOOKS FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE. Regardless, Kat always had a soft spot for romance. She was fairly certain she knew Freddie Thorne's location and she planned on telling Freddie about Ada's (Polly's) plan to abort the baby. The thought always had left a bad feeling in her mouth but she could respect people's decisions. She was of the opinion that the father should be informed of the decision, however.

She walked with purpose through the dirty streets until she reached the address that she was certain that Freddie lived under. It was a modest house - that was the most generous description she could give it. Her fist hit the black wooden door and waited to see if she was correct. She waited several seconds before considering walking away but then, the door cautiously opened. She waited impatiently and looked down the barrel of a gun, without much amusement.

"What the fuck you want?" Freddie snapped, remaining in the proximity of the house to hid in the shadows.

Kat rolled her eyes and pushed the door open further, making Freddie back further into the house as Kat barged in, shutting the door behind her. "Ada's pregnant. Polly's convinced her to go to Cardiff."

The gun promptly dropped as Freddie gasped at her in shock. Kat's eyes surveyed the house and couldn't help but feel slightly disgusted at the state of its interior. Her house wasn't great but it was better than this.

"Ada's pregnant?" Freddie asked in awe. There was a funny smile on his face as he stared blankly at the wall over Kat's shoulder. "How do you it's mine?"

Kat snorted and looked at him as if he was mad. "Are you mad? Of course, it's yours."

Freddie clumsily sat the gun on the side table in the hall and laughed. "Oh shit."

"Better leave soon or you'll miss them." Kat warned him, though her face remained hard. "Train leaves soon. Get out of town and for God's sake, take her with you."

Her words seemed to trigger something in him and he grabbed his coat and hat, promptly running through the door. Kat only smiled then once he was gone, not doubting once that Freddie didn't love Ada.

The house was empty, Kat realized then. It was the perfect opportunity to snoop and she didn't hesitate to take advantage of that fact. She wandered around the house for about 20 minutes before giving up, not finding anything of much interest. She opened the door and gasped as a fist nearly hit her face.

"Why am I not surprised to find you here?" Thomas sighed in a very unamused tone. In his hand he held a folded piece of paper. Kat guessed he was going to shove it through the letter hole after knocking on the door and then walk off. "Looks like you beat me to the punch."