s i x

••••••

••••••

KAT HARDLY REACTED AS SHE REALIZED WHAT WAS HAPPENING. Her heart didn't flutter, her stomach didn't turn to knots nor did her brain turn to mush and most certainly there were no fireworks. Her eyes didn't even flutter close and instead, she simply pulled backwards as she cupped his face so that it stayed exactly where it was meant to. Up close, she could see why so many women swooned over his eyes. They were quite beautiful.

"Men really do think with their cocks." Kat snipped snidely as she kept firm eye contact. Thomas himself didn't react, though this wasn't how he thought the night was going to go when he walked her home. Kat's thumb brushed over the skin of his chin and she smiled bitterly. "You thought if I slept you, then I'd fall in love or some shit like that. And then I'd tell you everything I know."

Thomas' hands ghosted over her hips before he pulled her closer by pulling on her hips. Kat grumbled at the action as she couldn't get away. "You're keeping something from me."

Kat tried to keep the panic out of her eyes, the most vulnerable part of her but she knew he saw it as his face hardened. His grip around her waist tightened and she tried not to gasp as her waist ached slightly. "Nothing of interest to you."

Realizing his usual actions weren't going to work, he abandoned his seduction tactics and opted for intimidation tactics instead. Kat found herself backed into the kitchen counter, the counter digging into her lower back awkwardly and once again his hand was around her throat. "Tell me."

It was a simple demand but his tone terrified her. The deliverance of the words made all the difference and as he towered over her, his hand around her throat but applying no pressure, she felt her resolve dropping slightly. She knew he could see the terror in her eyes easily now. "Depends on what you want to know. I know you've been seeing Lizzie Stark recently. It's not nice to lead a woman along like that, Tommy."

The way she said Tommy was dripping in sarcasm and he growled. "I don't care for women's business."

Kat swallowed nervously and wondered how she was going to get out of his grip. Probably when he let her go on his own accord. "You know, only minutes ago you were kissing me and now your hands around my neck. I'm getting mixed signals."

Kat could tell she was running his patience thin and decided to bit the bullet. Her guard dropped as she sung her next words. "Up on a hill, six feet under."

Thomas looked confused as Kat teasingly sung at him but as he thought about what she was saying, his eyes darkened. Kat finished her puzzle as she said. "With a small wooden cross on top."

"How do you know about the guns?" Thomas roared at her and she suddenly stomped on his foot with her heeled shoe, making him take a step back. She quickly fled to the other side of the table, creating a barrier between them.