t e n

••••••

••••••

KAT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE LEAVING HER HOUSE FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. So, she didn't - except when she dropped Bobby to his friend's house. Her heart wasn't in it and Bobby noticed.

It was a Tuesday night and Kat had been sitting alone in the kitchen. It was past Bobby's bed time and Kat had presumed that he was asleep as she sat in silence alone at the kitchen table. She was lost in her own thoughts when someone touched her elbow gently. She jumped but instantly calmed when she realised that it was just Bobby. She frowned as she noticed what was in his hands.

"You like this, don't you?" Bobby asked innocently, handing her the bottle of whiskey. Kat took the bottle, slightly in shock that such a young boy was handing her alcohol. She briefly glanced at the label of the bottle and noted that it was in fact her favourite brand of whiskey.

"Where did you get this, Bobby?" She questioned him softly, although there was only one possible way he could have obtained the bottle without the help of an adult. She hated that he was doing this for her and it proved that she was a bad influence on the boy.

"I took it from Finn's house." Bobby admitted and had the audacity to look guilty about it. Finn Shelby was the youngest brother of the Shelby clan - excluding John's kids. Kat was also aware that Finn and Thomas lived in the same house, meaning Bobby had most likely just stolen Thomas' whiskey.

That evening had shaken Kat and had shaken her out of her party of self-pity. She didn't want Bobby to discard his innocence in his attempts of making her happy, she didn't want to be responsible for his ruin. And so, she got up the next morning and she went to work, she came home with a basket full of food and for the first time in a long time, Bobby and Kat ate supper together. The smile on his face made Kat realise that it was worth it.

Kat had just finished an honest day's work and she felt she deserved a drink. Needless to say, she made her way to the Garrison. She had seen Harry a few times since he brought her home from the graveyard and each time he had looked at her with the same amount of concern as he did the morning he helped her with her hangover.

When she walked in the door of the Garrison, she instantly knew that the Shelby's were inside their private room. The door was closed and a light murmur could be heard from inside. She sat down on one of the bar stools and smiled tightly at Grace. The door behind her opened as Grace placed the glass in front of Kat. As Grace looked at the person entering the pub, she stiffened and Kat looked at the contents of her glass in horror.

"Water?" Kat stated in horror, as she glared at the blonde barmaid in accusing matter. "When have I ever ordered a glass of water? Who orders water in a pub? I want my whiskey."

"Harry told me that I wasn't allowed to sell you whiskey anymore." Grace explained in a shy manner. She seemed to have forgotten about the presence that had made her stiffen only seconds ago and instead was nervously looking at Kat.