_9_

"Hi, we're just here to ask you a few questions that's all," the detective said before sitting down in front of Teagan.

"How well did you know the Perada family?" She asked causing Teagan to tsk.

"Which one?"

"The one that's missing..."

"I mean... well enough."

"It says here you had a romantic relationship with one of them... Quinton Perada. Is that true?" She asked.

"Yes but we haven't been together in like 2 years," Teagan replied.

"Why is that?"

"He dumped me, said he needed time alone."

Amara Williams
11:35 AM.
1 (1/3) years ago...

I sat down next to Kaden at lunch like always.

"Guess who broke up," he said.

"Who?"

"Teagan and Quinton," he replied causing me to pause.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"Why?"

"He told her he needed time alone, time to be himself. In other words he don't want her ass no more."

"Did he ever? Seems like to me they weren't even a real couple just fuck buddies," I said.

"They were at first but she pressured him into labels," he said as he ate.

"Hmm..."

After lunch I went to my locker. When I went to turn around a guy stood there. I recognized him from my geometry class.

"Oh sorry, I ain't mean to scare you," he smiled.

"Oh no it's fine," I smiled.

"Uh, I'm Jacob if you didn't know," he said.

"Well nice to meet you Jacob," I smiled.

"Listen uh, what are doing Friday night?" He asked.

"Uh... nothing right now... why?"

"Well uh I'd like to take you out sometime. Friday preferably," he smiled.

"Oh... yeah okay," I smiled taken aback.

"Can I get your number so that we can stay in contact outside of geometry class?" He asked and I nodded.

I put my contact in his phone before giving it back to him. We smiled at each other before we went our separate ways to our classes.

Things might be looking up for me... maybe.