_27_

Amara Williams
6:32 PM.
A few days later...

I sat in my room watching tv while eating a bag of chips. James came into my room before closing the door.

"Relax... I'm only here to talk," he smiled.

He sat down on my bed as he looked at me.

"You and Quinton Huh?" He said causing my heartbeat to speed up.

"How did you-"

"It wasn't hard. You two were the only ones in the house the majority of the weekends and all of a sudden he's giving you rides-"

"We just got closer," I said.

"Sure... bottom line I know the game. So... I'm gonna need you to answer this question for me, are the two of you havin sex?" He asked.

I didn't reply for a while but then I nodded. He chuckled bitterly before choking me causing me to sink into the bed. I tried to get him to let go as black spots started to take over my vision before he let go.

"End it! Tonight!" He yelled before storming out of my room.

I curled into a ball as I started crying.

"Yo, you know how peanut butter is made?" Quinton asked as he walked in and closed the door back.

"Mara? Baby are you cryin?" He asked as he walked up to my bed.

"Go away," I said barely over a whisper.

"Go away? Girl no. You got any chips left in here?" He asked as he picked up the bag of chips.

"I'm serious," I said as I sat up before he looked at me.

"Baby what's wrong witchu? What you cryin fa?" He asked.

"I don't want to be with you anymore," I said as he looked at me.

"Stop playin, for real what's goin on?" He asked.

"Quinton I'm serious! I don't want to be with you anymore."

"Then why you cryin? If you really don't want to be with me then what's the tears for?"

"It's for something else that has nothing to do with you," I said.

He kissed me passionately before laying me on my back.

"Tell me you don't love me then," he said before kissing me softly.

"Get off of me," I said.

"How you gon tell me to get off of you when you Kissin me back," he chuckled.

"It's a habit," I said trying not to smile as I got from under him.

"You still ain't say it," he said.

"Say what?"

"That you don't love me."

"Well I don't," I said.

"Don't what?"

"Love you," I replied.

"You got to say it all together," he said.

"Get out of my room! I don't have time for your childish ass games!" I said getting frustrated.

"I don't know what's got you actin like this but ima find out," he said as he squinted his eyes at me before walking out.

The next day when we went back to school I felt miserable. At lunch me and Kaden sat outside for lunch since its spring now.

"What's wrong witchu? You been all... that all day," he asked.

"If I Tell you Then you have to promise not to tell Quinton," I said.

"Promise. Now what is it?" He asked.

"James found out," I replied causing him to stop chewing for a second.

"How?"

"I don't know. I guess we weren't good at hiding it."

"I mean y'all had like one slip up. And when I found out y'all knew I was like the only other person home so really y'all just didn't give a damn," he said.

"You think someone told him?" I asked causing him to raise an eyebrow.

"I don't know but who was the only one at the table who actually had a problem with it?" He asked.

"But we resolved the issue. And she was only mad because we didn't tell her-"

"No she wasn't. Did you tell her when you had your first kiss?"

"No..."

"First boyfriend?"

"Nah."

"First anything?"

"Not really..."

"Okay so why the fuck would she care about your first time? She didn't. That was just her justification for being mad when she wasn't even really mad about that. She might've been like damn okay but not livid like she was," he said.

"I don't know and it doesn't matter. He knows and he told me to break up with Quinton," I said causing Kaden to look at me.

"Did you?"

"Yeah..."

"What did he do?" Kaden asked.

"What did who do?"

"James," he replied but I hesitated before replying.

"He just told me to end things with him," I said not keeping eye contact.

"He touched you didn't he?" Kaden said looking at me.

"Who?"

"You know who, Amara. Who else?" He said as he started to get frustrated.

I didn't reply before he got up and dumped his tray.

"Where are you going?" I asked getting up to dump mine.

"To find Quinton," he said.

"You promised you wouldn't tell him!"

"I said promise I never said what I was promising to," he said as he continued walking.

The bell rung so I grabbed my books and tried to keep up with Kaden.

"Go to class, I'll see you after school," he said before we went our separate ways.

When school was over I stood at my locker while Jacob tried to talk to me. I wasn't really listening to what he was saying. I was more in my own world.

"So what do you say?" He asked causing me to look up.

"Huh?"

"How bout we go to my place. My parents won't be home... we can do whatever we want," he said as he tried to lean in for a kiss before a hand got in the way.

"Move," Quinton said.

"Yo what is your problem?" Jacob asked as Quinton moved his arm.

"Yo don't fuckin touch me!" Jacob said as he pushed Quinton.

It barely moved Quinton but I heard it. Quinton punched Jacob causing Jacob to Bend over before Quinton kept punching him right after left, left after right. I tried to pull Quinton off of him. Quinton finally got up before I grabbed my book bag and we rushed out of the school.