_35_

Amara Williams April 25 years later

Amara Williams
April 2
5 years later...

"Caesar don't touch that," Quinton said.

"Why?" Caesar asked looking up at his dad with his big brown eyes.

"Because it's hot," Quinton responded.

"Can we have cake mommy?" Caesar asked me.

"Let me see," I said before going into the pantry.

I picked him up so that he could pick out which cake mix he wanted.

"You want chocolate?"

"No, I want that one," he said pointing to vanilla.

I grabbed the box before gathering the other ingredients.

"Alright. Now mommy's gonna crack on egg open for you and then you do it okay?" I said as he nodded.

We decided to name our son after Caesar in his memory. Caesar didn't get the chance to name his kid after him which saddens me mainly because he said that's something he wanted to do. They look slightly alike in some ways. I noticed it immediately.
I'm pregnant once again. This time a girl which I'm excited for. Caesar's excited as well thankfully.

"You keep stirring I'll be right back," I said before going to use the bathroom.

Quinton finished cooking our meal just as me and Caesar were putting the cake in the oven. We sat down to eat before saying our prayer.

"Mommy why do we pray?"

"We pray for many things Cee. We pray to thank him, to ask him for forgiveness, to protect us..."

"What if it doesn't work?" He asked looking at Quinton.

"It'll work, you just have to be patient love," Quinton replied before the doorbell rung.

"Is Adrian supposed to be comin over or some?" He asked as he stood up from his seat.

"Yay! Auntie Adrian!" Caesar exclaimed.

"No, she didn't text me," I replied as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Quinton opened the door. I couldn't hear or see who was at the door and he wasn't letting whoever it was in yet was speaking to them. I stood up before walking over.

"Baby whos at the door?" I asked before I recognized him immediately.

Even though I only seen him once he had the same outfit, only difference was the color. I recognized his voice immediately even though I only heard it once. My heart raced as I looked at him fearfully.

"Hi Amara. Allow to properly introduce myself, I'm Berkeley."