\Prolouge/

➸skykar's pov

I curled my legs up to my chest, staring out of my window with Luke close beside me, our shoulders brushing. He was sitting next to me silently, it was a comfortable silence though. I could tell he was in thought and I didn't want to disturb him so I kept still.

"Sky?" He turned his head towards me, he sounded nervous. It made me curious, Luke was never nervous around me.

"Yeah?" I looked back at his blue eyes I have been familiar with for so long now.

"Do you believe in love?" He kept his gaze on me, never breaking the eye contact.

"I'm not so sure, I think so, considering I have feelings for Cal." I answered slowly. I saw his shoulders drop, as if he wanted my answer to be different. But as soon as I mentioned Calum he immediately tensed. I decided to get off the subject of Calum and turn the tables. "Do you, Luke?"

"Yes, without a doubt." He answered without hesitation, it honestly surprised me.

"How are you so sure love is real?"

"Because I'm in love right now."

I was taken aback by his words. It felt weird hearing him say that, was it, jealousy? No, he's my best friend. I should be happy for Luke, happy he can feel something like what I feel for Calum.

"Really? With who?"

He dropped his eyes to his lap and he fiddled with his hands. He bit his lip ring, he does that when he's nervous. But why nervous with me? He leaned over close to me so he can whisper in my ear.

He put his hand on the back of my head. I was anxious to know who was lucky enough to steal Luke's heart. He closed his eyes and his lips were centimeters from my ear.

He took a deep breath, calming himself before he told me. I leaned forward. more, anxious to know. His voice was barely a whisper. I almost didn't hear him.

"You Skylar Pierce, I am in love with you."