09

➸skylar's pov

I woke up with an arm slung across my face and a leg intertwined between mine. I lightly grunted and threw the arm to the side and turned towards the person. I was greeted by a sleeping Luke Hemmings. His eyes were closed and his lips were parted. His breathing was slow and his eyebrows were turned inward slightly as if he was having a bad dream. I sighed and ran my thumbs across his eyebrows in hopes to smooth out his frown. I used to do this when I was little and he would smile at me, making the frown disappear.

I retracted my hands from his soft face and began to untangle my legs from his. I pulled myself up and began to get up, but as soon as I moved arms wrapped around me and pulled me back into the pile of blankets and pillows. My back met with Luke's warm chest and he buried his face in my neck, his voice muffled as he spoke to me in a tired voice.

"Please don't go anywhere today, or tomorrow. Stay with me this weekend." His words began to get slower and quieter as he began to fall asleep again. His breathing deepened again, but I knew he was awake because he was playing with the end of my shirt. He kissed the side of my neck, sending a jolt of warmth to shoot through my body. I shuddered, not used to this Luke.

I felt him smirk against my neck as he kissed my neck again, knowing exactly where it got to me most. I quickly turned in his arms and put my hands on his chest. He opened one eye and looked at me, a smile still on his face. I didn't know Luke acted like this when he was tired. I pushed on his chest but he just buried his face back in the crook of my neck and held me close to his chest.

"Stay Sky, go back to sleep." I heard Luke murmur before his body sagged and his breathing slowed again. I sighed and ran my fingers through my tangled hair. "Fine, Luke. Only this once." I heard a whispered "Thank you" leave Luke's lips before he completely fell asleep again. I rolled my eyes and decided to get comfortable again. I tangled my legs with Luke's again, being careful not to disturb him since his arms were around my waist and his head was still resting in the crook of my neck. I slowly buried my face in his chest and wrapped my arms around his neck and closed my eyes. Luke's slow heartbeat and comforting warmth had me asleep again in seconds.

•*•*•*•

"Luke! Skylar! Wake up! It's past noon!" I heard the distant muffled voice of Luke's mom. I groaned and untangled myself from Luke's warm embrace. I stretched my arms and turned over and sat down by Luke's side.

He was still fast asleep, his head tilted towards me. I leaned down slightly and poked his cheek, his face scrunched up and softened again after a few seconds. I repeated this action multiple times until he groaned loudly and rolled over, his arm stretching across the floor.

"Goddammit Sky." He mumbled as I closed my eyes and giggled. My laugh was interrupted when a pillow was hurled from my right and collided with my shoulder and face, causing me to fly backwards and fall back into the pile of blankets. I threw the pillow off of me and jumped up with a new pillow held tightly in my hands. I narrowed my eyes at a smug Luke as he jumped up onto his feet while laughing loudly.

"You are so dead Luke Hemmings!" I squealed as I jumped towards him. He quickly turned and ran to the other side of his room, his loud laughs echoing through the room. I ran towards him and reared my arm back, preparing the blow to Luke's face. Luke mirrored my movements, our pillows colliding loudly as they slipped from our hands.

The pillows landed with a small thud to the floor. While Luke was staring at the pillows, I took advantage of the moment and leaped to Luke, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his chest. I heard the air fly out of Luke's lungs as he desperately grabbed my thigh with one leg and his other arm flailed around behind him rapidly. I felt him trip and we fell backwards, landing on his bed.

As I clung to him like my life depended on it, he rolled over, pinning me underneath him and holding my hands above my head with one hand, his other snaking around my waist. I glared at him as he smiled at me devilishly. "Luke. Don't. You. Dare." His smile only grew wider as he began tickling me.

I squealed as I squirmed underneath him, attempting to break free from his tight grip on my hands. I gasped for air as his assault didn't falter. He smiled down at me and let go of my wrists, resulting in me instinctively grabbing his forearms. He continued to look at me as his face grew serious. He leaned closer to my face as he parted his lips slightly, his face steadily getting closer to mine.

I don't understand why but I could feel my heart beginning to beat faster and faster the closer he got. When he was inches from my face he finally stopped moving closer. I could feel my heart beating against my chest out of anticipation. As much as I told myself I didn't want to, my mind and body was telling me to grab him and kiss him. I desperately shook myself out of those thoughts as I watched Luke switch his gaze from my face to my lips, then back to my face.

"God, you're so beautiful." He mumbled as he began to close the few inches left between us. As much as I told myself not to, I began to close my eyes and part my lips. I could feel his warmth against my face. Just when I thought he had pulled away and was going to start laughing at me for how I fell for it once again, we were interrupted by a loud voice booming through the house.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings! Skylar Pierce! Get down here for breakfast now!" I opened my eyes quickly, which were greeted by bright blue ones which seemed to be brighter than usual from the event. His face was almost against mine, if I moved just slightly, our lips would brush.

Luke's face quickly grew red as he looked at me. He frantically pushed up and away from me, throwing himself on the other side of the bed. He took a deep breath as he sat there looking at the floor.

He slowly stood up and walked to the door, avoiding eye contact with me. "Come on, let's go before she yells at us again." He quickly opened the door and hurried downstairs with me right behind him.

Hii so I don't have much to say other than thANK YOU FOR 3.9K IT MEANS ALOT THAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS I thought that the most I would get would be like 500 views. Tysm ily all :)

Vote and comment and I'll love you forever <3