Chapter Two

Finding Baylee

Chapter Two

                                           Wednesday 4th  of June – Maine USA- After school

                                                                                   Baylee

I take my long walk back home, down the same trail as before. Half of me is begging that my mum isn't home, the other half is hoping she didn't get a letter, I will be in so much trouble if she did, I didn't tell her that I applied to that collage, plus she growled at me not to apply to any. Let me explain.

I have always wanted to be a journalist, I would love to write a story one day, and make it go big, and to have everyone read my story would make me the happiest person ever. But my mum doesn't want me to leave, I don't know why, I think it's because when my father gets out of prison if I'm not here than she next in line. I pull out my key, walking into my house. "Baylee" I look up seeing my mother walking down the stairs with a facial mask on. Not that it's helping anything I stare at her closing the door behind me. "What the fuck is this Baylee" she asks, dangling a white envelope in front of me.

I shrug, not wanting to answers, I try to walk around her but she grabs my hair pulling me back "you stupid bitch, you will call this collage and say you can't attend, or else" She screams, pushing me away, throwing the envelope at me and walking away. I sit on the floor leaning on the wall beside me, I hatethis so much. I feel a tear slip down my face but quickly wiping it away getting up. I run down stairs to the basement, yes that's where my room is. I shut the door behind me, making sure it's locked. Looking over at the other door, which is broken can't get in or out.

Walking over to my bed, I check my phone, hoping to have a message or even a miss call from Brady, but nothing is there just a black screen. I love the darkness, because if you see the darkness you know you're free for at least a minute before something else happens.

I hear someone knocking, so I move myself, back to the top of my bed, probably one of my mother's fuck buddies, she says she need someone to be with while my fathers in prison, she doesn't realized that when he gets out he will realize and she will be and deep shit but you know what good on her like I even care. "Baylee, it's for you" I hear my mother's cold voice, making me look back at my door. I get up, unlocking the door, and walking upstairs. I look at the door

"Taylor, what are you doing here" I ask, he gives me a small grin.

                                                                                   Daniel

I walk home with my little sister, she is five. I drop the motorbike at home, and walked to pick up my little sister as her school is just around the corner from our house. "Dan-Dan" I look at her "is mummy and daddy home"

"Probably not" I mumble, not loud enough for her to hear me "not sure Demi" I say she sighs. Our parents are never home, always working or at some party, did you know being one of the riches family's isn't always a walk in the park. When we get home I already know there not home, you can tell when the house doesn't have people screaming, coming from it. When we get in Demi runs up to her room and I walk to mine, to see Cole, sitting on my bed eating a packet of chips. "Hey dude, where Taylor" I ask, Cole, shrugs looking a little pissed off. "What's up" I ask, sitting on the end of the bed he looks at me.

"Fucking Ricky" He growls, the minute he mentioned that name, I left it.

"So you sure you don't know where Taylor is" I ask again he looking at me.

"He said something about a girl, um what was her name, and it started with B.  Bash-...no...um" I look at him.

"Baylee" I ask, he nods

"Yer that's it" He grins taking another chip. I sigh, why was he seeing Baylee, you don't get seen talking to nerdy girls. It will ruin our rep. I think I need to stop him, before he does something he will regret.

                                                                                  Baylee

"I just want to talk Bay" Taylor says, staring at me. Yer well this 'wanting to talk' will get me in trouble I sigh, walking back to my room hoping he is following me, why does he want to talk to me. I sit on bed watching him walking over sitting on the chair across the room.

"So why are you talking to me now, after three years" I ask, he sighs looking down.

"Baylee, you are like the sister I never had, I love you Bay" he says, I shake my head no.

"No you don't if you loved me you would have been there, when I need a friend, instead you left, just like everyone else did, you left me there, you were like my brother so was Trey, but you all left. I haven't even heard from my own brother since the start of the year and I hate it." I cry; Brady was the only person that ever was there for me, he is the only one that knew what was going on.

"I know Bay, and I'm sorry I am so sorry but look at you" he says making me look down at my clothes. "You look like a male donkey threw up on you" he laughs.

"I don't look like a boy" I say, but he shakes his disagreeing with me. "So what are you going to do? Give me a fucking make-over and put me back in a crowd, and I end up uncomfortable, no thank you Taylor" I growl "I think it's best if you leave" I say he stares at me "now" I growl, he gets up and begins to leave.

"For the record, I wouldn't let you get involved in a crowd, I would get you back to you, I would help you get back to Baylee, and I would get you back in the car, but you don't need my help. I guess I am not the one you need anymore, but I think I know who you do need" He say walking out of my room, I stare at the door, nearly in tears.

He doesn't know who I need, he doesn't even know me, he doesn't know what happened, and he doesn't know anything. All Taylor knows is that my big brother is best friends with his big brother, and they are now at collage together.

I get up walking over to my mirror, I stare at myself. I sigh swallowing the lump in my throat. I close my eyes; slowly lift up my baggy jumper, than my singlet. I was so scared; I haven't directly looked at it since at least two years. I open my eyes, seeing the scar spreading across my stomach and around my right side of my ribcage, and it scares me. I get so scared that someone will see it and I will have to explain what happened.

I wear the clothes I do because I'm scared that someone will touch me, you wouldn't believe how many times it has bleed. It was so bad, that it never healed properly, always having to go to the hospital, to get it check, having to get about three operations to fix, the inside and the out. Some of the doctors thought they couldn't keep it together because it was so deep, and I made it worse because I fell on the knife when I collapsed.

I take off my jumper and singlet so I was left standing in my bra. I walk over to the cabinet, grabbing the ointment; I usually do this without looking at it. I stand in front of the mirror, slowly rubbing the ointment over the scar. I felt a tear slip down my cheek, and then some more tear. I cried for the rest of the night until I fell asleep, the dreams came rushing back, and I ended up screamed the house down.

Thanks for Reading

Please vote, comment

 ~Tylah