Chapter Fifteen

Finding Baylee

Chapter Fifteen

                                                               Friday 18th of July – Maine USA

I was awoken by a loud bang, and someone jumping on my bed.  I open my eyes, seeing Hayley and Taylor staring at me. "What" I groan.

"Not a morning person" Hayley mumbles, I roll my eyes. "Wake up Baylee, breakfast is ready and we have a court case to get to" Hayley says,

"We" I ask, she shrugs.

"I'm coming with ya" Hayley says in a 'duh' tone.

"Me too, where all here to support you Bay" Taylor smiles, I sigh sitting up. I nod, getting out of the bed. "Now you take a shower, and get dressed" He says pushing me towards my bathroom. I turn on the shower and stripping down.

When I finished I dressed in my jeans and hoodie, its court and this is what I wore last time. I find my way to the kitchen, seeing Danny standing there cooking. "You can cook" I blurt out. I hear him laugh.

"Yes, my grandmother taught me and well I thought that we crashed your party last night, so I will be nice" He grins placing a plate of pancakes in front of me. I smile up at him.

"Thanks"

                                                                                      **

"It will be okay baby girl, promise" I look up at Trey, who is smiling at me. I feel someone eye, burning into me. I turn around seeing Daniel, glaring at Trey. What wrong with him. He looks at me and the glare turns into a smile. I smile back before looking straight ahead.

"You okay sweet heart" I turn to my mum, nodding.

"It will be okay Bay-Bay" Taylor says walking up with Hayley, who are holding hands. Hmm I thinksomething's going on there.  I nod, smiling at them.

"You can go in now" A guard says, we nod walking through the door. I see my lawyer and then I see my fathers. I look over more seeing my father sitting next to his lawyer. He is smirking, looking me up and down.

"Attention, Attention" The judge says once we are all seated. "There is something I must tell. Mrs. Johnson, I am aware you were sent a letter which says" She asks having the police officer read it out. I sigh what she is talking about.

"The M.N.C would like to inform you that Johnson, Jack has a court hearing on the Friday 18th of July.  The client has been in the M.N. Prison for three years, and now the court date is set for parole. We wish you the best sincerely Maine National Courts."

 "Thank you" she nods at him "In this letter it states that this hearing is for Mr. J. Johnson is for Parole, but there has been a mishap and Jack has been out of prison for at least two months"  She says making everyone gasp. Brady, he...it was true. "It has been stated that if Johnson was good for the two mouths he had to come back and now we declare that he may stay out for a year or more, on good behavior." She smiles, I feel a tear run down my face "Case dismissed". I watch everyone stand up around me.

I can't believe this. He is out and has been out for the last two months. Why, didn't he come home? 

Because he was on good behavior, if he came home he would be tempted to hurt one of uses.

But, isn't he still on good behavior, which means

He doesn't care anymore, plus he doesn't need to come back to court for a while, it's been three years

Maybe, he thinks I am still the same girl. I walk out of the court house. "Baylee, whatever you do, remember that I love you" My mum says in a rush, before an arm wraps around her waist. I see my father standing there smirking at me.

"Let's go home" he says, still looking at me.

"Baylee" I turn around seeing Danny, smiling softly at me. "You okay" he asks, watching my father and mother walk away. I nod.

"I don't want to go home Danny" I say, he nods grabbing my hand.

"Well than let's get Taylor and Haylee, and we will go have lunch" he suggest, I smile, walking with him.

                                                                                           **

"You want to stay at my house tonight Bay" Hayley ask, I look at the dinner clock above the counter; we are sitting in a small dinner just outside of town. We didn't want to go somewhere expensive.

"I don't know Hay" I sigh, leaning back against the booth. The boys are in the own conversation, while Hayley is eating fries "I want to get a job" I blurt out, making them look at me.

"What" Taylor ask, I shrug.

"I want to get a job, I still need to find a way to help Brady, plus it will get me out of the house. Now my father is back my mum will have to quit her job" I sigh.

"Sweet pea, a job" Daniel ask, I sigh

"Sorry Danny, but not everyone has money coming out there daddy's ass." I say staring at the milkshake in front of me.

"That's not what I meant" he says, but I really don't give a shit,

"I think I want to go home" I say, Hayley nods. Standing up, I follow her. I begin walking when I realize she isn't following me, so I turn around seeing her kissing Taylor 'goodbye'. I smile. Hmm, I knew it I am totally annoying her about this.

"So Taylor" I ask when we are seated in the car, Making Hayley blush

"Okay he asked me out" she smiles, I laugh

"I'm so happy for you Hayley" I ask, she smiles and begins driving, moments later and we were nearly there

"So mine house or yours" Hayley ask.

"Can I stay with you please" I ask, she nods as we drive pass my house, and I see my father standing out the front with a beer in his hand, glaring at the car as it drove by.

That's when I realized he really doesn't give a shit, he out to hurt us. And this time he isn't going to fail.

Thanks for Reading

Please, vote, comment

 ~Tylah