Chapter Twenty-One

Finding Baylee

Chapter Twenty-One

                                               Friday 8th of August – Maine USA

I laugh watching the boys' race across the beach. I look up seeing Jason walking over to me. Great what am I supposed to say? I slowly get up grabbing my stuff and walking away. "Baylee wait" He calls, out I turn around. "I just want to talk" He says I sigh.

"Sweet pea" I look towards the beach seeing Daniel smiling at me. Taylor and Danny are waving for me to come over.

"Can we talk another time" I ask he nods and I run down to the beach. He literally just saved me. I watch the clam water; although it's getting late it is actually still cold.

"I won, so that means you get to swim with me" He says pointing to himself. I laugh nodding. I was about to WALK over to the water when I am picked up and thrown over Danny shoulder. I look at the water.

"Danny, don't throw..." I didn't get to finish as I was thrown in the water lading with a large splash. I hear everyone laughing.

"Nice way to get your girl wet Daniel" I hear Cole yell, I look towards him glaring. Daniel swims over to me.

I shake my head "Why did you do that" I ask, he shrugs.

"You love me so it's okay" He smiles, I grin

"Who said I love you" I ask leaning closer.

"Who said you didn't" he question pecking my lips. Suddenly we heard a screechy squeal. I see Gemma running of. This makes me through my head back laughing.

"Guys its midnight" Taylor Yells, making everyone jump in the water running towards me. They have been counting down the time for some reason. I look up at Daniel, who is smirking at me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" They scream my smile growing.

After hour of swimming and being stupid we went back to the sand, lazing about. "You're officially 18" Daniel smiles, lying next to me, I nod.

"I don't know if I should be happy or scared."

"Why"

"Eighteen is the time when you make big decision, when you grow up, and get away. Where you choice where you are going to be"

"Baylee, it's okay to be scared, you grow up yes, but I know we will be together. I just got you Baylee and I am not letting you go" He says kissing my forehead. If only he knew "Baylee" I look over at him grinning "Will you be my girlfriend" He asks, I smile

"We just broke up, don't you think it's too soon" I joke.

He shakes his head, "nope I think couples do this all the time" He say smiling, I nod as he leans down kissing me. "I have a present for you" He says sitting up, I smile mimicking his actions. He smiles at me handing me a small bag. I smile opening it. Inside is a small box. I look up at him he is just smiling at me. I put my hand in grabbing the card.

Sweet Pea...

Happy Birthday

I have known you for three months, never thought so much could happen, but I am hoping I can know you for another three. Before those months I knew your name, I knew you had a brother and I knew you looked like a girl in boys clothes. But then I realized there was so much more to you, than what I already know. So these three months have been the best months of my life.

Love Daniel xo

I smile pitting the card down and picking out one of the boxes from the bag.