Chapter Eighteen

Finding Baylee

Chapter Eighteen

                                                             Monday 4th of August – Maine USA

'Say something I'm giving up on you' the song plays though my headphone. 'I'm sorry that I couldn'tget to you' I don't know why but the, I begin to cry resting my head on the tree, behind the school. No one get what I am feeling, no one gets what it feels like to be scared to go home. Daniel said he had a shit life because his parents are never home. I think I have a shit life because I don't want my parents' home. I guess everyone life is shit in their own way.

Sitting here thinking back, I sometimes wish I wasn't here, and I died when I was stabbed. Then I think of all those people who are sick, and just want to live another day and I realize how luckily I am. I have been accepted to a collage away from here. Those kids could only dream of that, and I don't even know if I want to go.

"You okay Baylee" I turn around seeing Cole, grinning at me. I nod, watching as he takes a seat next to me.  "The bell has gone" He says trying to get rid of the awkward silence. I smile.

"I don't really give a shit" I say he laughs.

"So what happen to your eye" he question.

I sigh, looking up at him, "its call, my daddy is out of prison" I say he nods, like he knows how I feel. For all I know he might. To be honest I don't know him all that well. Maybe I should "What are you doing right now" I ask, he looks at me.

"Nothing"

"Well I just realized I don't really know you that well. All I know is your name is Cole Clark and you're a motor boy" I say laughing. He laughs

"You want to go get ice-cream than" he ask, I smile nodding. We get up I go to my locker, where he goes to his. I grab my bag walking down

"You don't get it Taylor, I can't do this"

"You came up with the stupid bet I just wanted you to get closed to Baylee" Bet, What bet.

"Yer well it's off, I can't go through with it. I can't do that to Baylee" Oh My God I see Daniel and Taylor discussing.

"How much" I ask, stepping from behind the lockers.

"Bay-"

"How much" I yell

"Ten grand" He whispers,

"Ten, wow that's pretty good, did you win." I stare at him, before I shake my head "Nope because last time I checked, I still have my virginity. That's what it was for right ten grand for you to sleep with me."

"Baylee" I look a Taylor, shaking my head.

"Don't, you're just as bad as him. I told you I don't need someone to help me. I sure as hell didn't need him to get close to me, why don't you get it. Thank you for the help, but I don't need it" I say turning around. I am so glad this is the last week before holidays.

 I see Cole "I heard, I think we really need ice-cream now" he say putting an arm over my shoulders while we walk out. The tears fall down my face.

                                                                                         **

"Leave me alone" I scream, as my father bangs on the door, telling me to let him in and I stare at the paper in front of me. I had nowhere else to go so, I came home. I have been lying here just crying, since Cole dropped me home after ice-cream. I just cried. Not wanting to move

"Just leave her the fuck along" I hear my mother's voice.

"What did you say" He asks, making my mother repeat herself. "Wow, three years" he says, I hear him walking away. Why didn't he hurt her? I guess something clicked. The door opens and I see my mum. I quickly put the letter in my pocket.

"You okay sweetheart" she ask, I nod. "What happened" she asks, sitting next to me on my bed. So I tell her everything, from Brady money to Daniels bet.

"Sweetheart, I think maybe you should listen to his side of the story, not yet but soon" she says I look at her, nodding. She kisses my forehead before standing up "Brady is back if you want to see him" She says, I smile getting up, grabbing my bag.

I go to his room which is now in the guess room, as it's on first floor. I knock, waiting for him to say coming. "Hey" I say he looks at me, seeing my eye.

"I'm sorry Baylee" I shrug "I can't help you anymore" he says,

"Don't talk, like that you will be as good as new soon" I say giving him the bag. Brady looked confused at first than he looks at all the money. 'How' He mouthed I smile "I raced for the first time since my accident. Against Andy actually, but I won" I smile, he laughs.

"Thanks you Baylee, I don't know how to repay you"

"You don't have to, you just need to take that money and get that operation, than get out of that wheelchair" I say feeling the tears prickle in my eyes. This is so hard, seeing my brother in a wheelchair. Seeing him hurt, seeing all of this. "Can I tell you something" I ask

"Of course you can sis" I get out the note giving it to him he stares at it in shock "you got in" he ask, I nod. "That's awesome, you get to write, and you get to live your dream" he says and I am full on crying now "what's wrong" he asks.

"I don't think I can go" I say. He shakes his head

"I thought that to, but I knew you were going to be fine. By this note, you should be getting another one soon" he says, I nod knowing it's true. "I am so happy for you Baylee" He says "have you told anyone else" he ask, I shake my head no. "Well I am so happy" he says.

"Thanks Brad"

"I love you sis" He say grabbing my hand to hug me.

"I love you to bro"

"For the record, I know Taylor and Daniel, and I think they were just trying to find the real Baylee. I mean everyone wants to know where you went or why you changed. But I think you haven't changed your just lost waiting for someone to find you, waiting for someone to save or help you, but you haven't changed."

I stare at him not knowing what to say, not knowing what to do. So I hug him waiting for the right moment to walk away.

Thanks for Reading

Please, vote, comment

~Tylah