24: Invitation

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

As usual, the weekend flew by. 

Unlike the last couple of weeks, however, Hana was once again looking forward to going back to work. After how things ended with Namjoon, work hadn't been a safe place for her, afraid that he'd constantly try and corner her, hassling her about why she no longer wanted to see him. Now that they'd gotten a chance to talk about it, she felt comfortable going back to the company and being around him. This time, in a strictly platonic boss-and-worker relationship. 

But that wasn't why she was looking forward to work. 

As much as she hated to admit it, she felt excited to see Jungkook. Even though he had been a callous ass to her this entire time, the different  cotton side of him that he was showing now, for some odd reason, completely drew her in. What Bullet had said during their last conversation, about the possibility of Jungkook wanting to get to know her resonated within her mind. When she woke up Monday morning, his face flashing through her mind first thing, she knew that she was the one who wanted to get to know him.

In the most pathetic way, as she picked out her outfit for the day, she had every intention to impress him. Every time she looked at a blouse, or a pair of pants, she wondered if he would like to see it on her. Every time, she considered not even going to work. Most importantly, she hated how quickly it was happening; she'd just stopped dating Namjoon. All Jungkook did, basically, was smile at her, and she was already fumbling over her feet. 

It had taken her the whole day to warm up to the idea of taking Bullet's advice about letting the man be nice to her. Just accepting his change of personality, or perhaps his sudden adoption of a heart and a conscience, and returning the warmth he had started showing. 

Would it work? 

Hana decided she didn't want to seem as if she were trying too hard to look good for Jungkook, although she clearly was. Because it was chilly outside, despite summer approaching, and the rolling grey clouds, she settled on a pair of form fitting black jeans, with a black v-neck t-shirt underneath a chunky grey cardigan. She knew she would at some point regret slipping on the steel toned pumps, but in the moment, she didn't care. 

As she made her way to work, her heart began to race. All of this giddiness rushed through Hana, yet she didn't even know why Jungkook had decided to be nice to her. It could all be just for show, meaning that her heart being crushed was impending. It was terrifying. 

And that's what thrilled her. 

With Namjoon, it had been obvious that he liked her. While she was always nervous around him, she never had to worry about him not wanting anything to do with her. He was sweet, at one point, and very generous, but there wasn't much excitement. Jungkook, however, could show up today and return to the ice king he'd been when she first met him. That's not what she feared the most, what scared her was that even if he did, he'd still manage to make her heart race.