Chapter 4: Skipping Class Boosts Confidence

I got awkward stares in the hallway. Why is it so weird today is my soulmate day? Faith skipped up beside me and gave me a side hug.

"I can't believe it, Allie! Your going to meet your soulmate! How many hours again?"

I glanced at the silver band containing the digitized numbers. Beads of sweat appeared everytime I looked at the watch.

"Only 9 hours left." I tried to force a smile, but my face wouldn't budge from terrified. I would meet them sometime between 5 and 6. I felt my hand shaking from anxiety.

Faith glanced at me. Concern filled her eyes.

"Hey," she whispered," it'll be fine."

Faith has repeated those three words too many times today. She should've just stopped asking about it so maybe I could forget about it. But, no.

We kept walking down the hallway, when Brad joined us. Faith gave him a big hug as he joined us.

"Hey babe!" Faith smiled goofily at him.
Brad placed his arm around her and she blushed slightly. "So, short one, Faith says you meet your soulmate today?"

I gave Faith a quick glare. It was her fault the whole school knew about my Soulmate Party. I had just wanted a few close friends, but she insisted.

"Yeah," I replied trying not to have a nervous break down.

I continue to walk down the hall, but Faith and Brad had stayed put. I turned to  go back, but saw them talking. The kind of talking where you are so close you just whisper, because anything else would be too loud. It was sweet and sickening. Mostly sickening. Faith and Brad parted ways, and she bounced over to me. Hooking her arm in mine, Faith led me towards our class.

We got to the classroom. I started to head for my seat, when Faith pulled me towards the teachers desk. The teacher looked at us skeptically, placing her glasses farther down her nose. Faith pulled a sweet smile.

"May Allie and I go take a break? She is having a small breakdown. Today is her Soulmate Day and she us a little stressed."

The teacher nodded her head and handed us some work sheets for today's  class. I half smiled at the teacher as we left for being so understanding.

Faith led me down the hallway to an empty classroom. I sat on one of the desks and waited for her to say something.

Faith was concerned. Her small smile had turned to a frown and now I was worried too.

"Okay, Allie, I know you are stressed, and I've tried to be helpful. Allie, you have to just get over yourself. People meeting their soulmate happens everyday. I was hoping this would open you up, but you are shutting yourself down. Do you not want to meet him?" Faith asked.

She shifted her stance to her shoulders being slanted. She crossed her arms and waited.

I felt a tear leak out my eye. I had always been hoping my Soulmate Day would never come, and if it did, for it to be a quiet occasion. Faith, I don't think, has ever done this before, but know I felt like I used to when my mother lectured me.

"Faith, I never wanted this. I'm being put into an uncomfortable position you forced me into. I just wanted to meet him not for it to be an occasion. I-" My voice broke and a few more tears stung my cheeks.

Faith hugged me tight. "I want you to remember this day and it to be special. The day I met Brad, I will never forget it. You just need to stop worrying and enjoy it. Do you enjoy being scared of new people and shaking everytime you look at you watch?" I shook my head. "Just enjoy life, okay?" I hugged Faith back and whispered a "thank you."

I put on a smile and head towards the bathroom to fix my makeup. My tears probably smudged it. Faith started in her class work in the empty classroom as I left.

I walked into the girl's restroom and placed my satchel on the ledge above the sink. I damped a paper towel and wiped off my mascara streaked across my face. After, I continued to erase the rest of my makeup as well. I reapplied my makeup, finishing with a red lipstick, and felt a new sense of confidence.

Faith made the right decision having me dress nicely today. Otherwise, my makeup would be too much. The black blouse with gold lining complimented my classic look. I pulled half my wavy hair into an elastic. I smiled at my reflection, happy with how I looked.

I headed back to the empty classroom to join Faith with class work. An hour had passed. 8 more hours.

AN: I hoped you liked this Chapter. This one was a little boring in my opinion, but I wanted to give you a little insight before the I jumped into the Soulmate Party. Thank you so much for reading! And Don't forget to vote and comment!