{26} - End's Beginning

"I feel gross." Bethany said, laying on her stomach with her head hanging off the bed.
"Laying like that probably isn't helping." Sebastian pointed out. He was preparing for a writing session with his brothers. He was standing in front of the open closet door, using the mirror hanging on it to primp.
"Don't be logical with me." She muttered. Sebastian laughed. He came around the bed and crouched beside her.
"Do you need anything before I go?" He asked. She rolled over so she could look at him.
"A kiss?" He smiled and gave her a kiss, "and maybe you could get the crackers out of the cupboard so I don't have to climb up on something to get them?"
"Sure." He kissed her again. "I love you. I shouldn't be more than a couple hours."
"Text when you're headed back?" Bethany asked.
"Why? So I can pick up food for you before I come home?" He teased.
"Well. . .not just for that." He shook his head and booped her nose.
"Alright." He stood. "I'll be back in a little while." He grabbed his phone, wallet and keys off the dresser before leaving the bedroom.

———
💕Sebster💕 - I'm headed home
💕Sebster💕 - need or want anything before I come back???
Baby Girl😍 - that citrus salad stuff would amazing
Baby Girl😍 - and Fritos sound rlly good rn
💕Sebster💕 - 🫡 yes ma'am
Baby Girl😍 - dork

———

"Wanna watch a movie?" Bethany asked, as Sebastian joined her in bed.
"Sure." He threw his arm over her shoulders. "Did you have something in mind?"
"Mmhm." She turned the tv on and opened Apple TV. "Failure to Launch. With Matthew McConaughey and Sarah Jessica Parker."
She found the movie and started it.
"Y'know I think my favorite part of this whole movie is Kit and Ace. I dunno, they have a fun dynamic." Bethany said when they were about halfway through the movie.
"Which one is Ace?" Sebastian murmured, not taking his eyes off his book. Bethany rolled her eyes.
"The dark haired one." Sebastian hummed, but otherwise didn't respond. Bethany scooted closer to him and, when he moved his arm, rested against his side and put her arm across his stomach. He dropped his arm around her shoulders and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.
When the movie ended she started another one, but was asleep by the middle of it. Sebastian read for a little while longer before putting his book down and flicking off the light.

———

Later that night Bethany woke to a sharp pain in her abdomen. She decided to try changing position to see if that would help alleviate the pain. When she put her hand down to push herself up the bed felt damp. Really damp . But she got distracted before she could investigate. She inhaled sharply as the pain became more intense. Something wasn't right.
"Sebastian!" She grabbed his arm and started shaking him violently, tightening her grip when the pain intensified. "Sebastian!" He rolled over and didn't seem to really see her. She let go of him and held her stomach. At her noise of pain he flicked the light on just as she moved the blanket off her lap. She froze. Sebastian shot up out of the bed. Bethany's gaze moved from her hands to his face. Panic gripped her. Her vision started to fuzz and her chest felt tight. She gasped and cried out as pain tore through her again. Sebastian was frantically searching for his pants. Bethany couldn't breathe. One word slipped from her mouth as she wrapped her arms around herself, "baby."

———
Sorry it's so short.

Avery L.