Part Seven

"You know, I can open a spot for you as a head hunter. You can work outside the office too. You don't have to be my assistant. It was just my wishful thinking, could be reality if you granted it." Tae said one morning over breakfast.

The young executive was worried about the recent change in Tee. His fiancé didn't seem happy lately. He thought that it could have been the job offer which seems like a demotion given Tee's previous work.

Tee smiled thinly.

Right now, he's eating with Tae, Kimmon and Mack. For days he had been uncomfortable. He checks with Tae how the transition in his father's office was doing and every time Tae mentions an issue they need to solve, his shoulders sag.

Tee wants the handover done and whatever issues in the company resolved so he could sit in front of Tae and tell him what's been going on. He's caught in a dilemma he has no way of getting out without leaving any damages.

"You dad's executive assistant seems very capable. If I have to work with you, I have to learn a lot more things first. And that will take a little bit more time. You can't afford that right now. Make the transition smoother by working with the people already working there. It'll be easier for you." Tee answered after a few moments.

Tae stopped eating. "What are you saying?"

Tee sighed. "I'm saying... I'll work somewhere else. A former professor of mine asked me to try teaching. I'm thinking of taking it."

Tae didn't know whether to be happy for Tee or be saddened because he won't be able to work with him. "Okay." He sighed in defeat. "Go check and then we'll talk about it later."

"Okay."

* * *

Tae went to work worried but a single call made it all better once he got to his office. "Hi, baby."

"Hello, P'Tae."

"Miss me already?"

"Mm... And I wanted to tell you something."

"Okay...tell me."

"P'Tae... It's not gonna be that bad, you know. If I fall in love with this work, you'll end up being married to a Psychology professor. Sounds good, Mr. President?"

Tae laughed. "You've thought that far?"

"Yup. You can even pick me up from time to time so I can brag to my students how handsome and sexy my future husband is."

"You could have told me this in person so I could bend you over and fuck you... Professor..."

"P'Tae... I'm at the university right now. Don't tease."

Tae laughed even harder. His assistant that just came in shook his head but smiled secretly. He has an idea who his boss is talking to.

"So you're visiting the school and see if you would like the job?"

"Yup. Aspen U is really something. I also wanted to see my fiancé's alma mater. I should say that on the interview. It will be plus points."

"You sound excited, baby." Tae feels lighter hearing the tone of happiness from the other line.

"I guess seeing the place you went to in college makes me feel like I was seeing you here, too."