3

A lone motorcycle roared as it's owner drove it along the road. The vampire stopped once he reached an abandoned comic book store. He got off the bike and strode to the entrance.

The board was still alight with glowing signs and bulbs that light up the roller coasters. The light were still on in the store. The vampire strode in, letting the door fall open with a bang.

Sam, now twenty years old and growing a goatee, appeared. The color drained from his face as soon as he recognized the dark flowing hair and strong, muscular build.

Dwayne stepped forward, threateningly flexing the muscles that were visible underneath his open, shirtless jacket.

"Where are they?" he asked in a deep smoky growl.

"Who?" Sam replied, his voice quavering as he tried to gain a strong, dependable composure.

"You very well know who!" Dwayne yelled slamming a gloved fist on the counter. Cracks veined the thin glass and several shards fell from it, clattering on to the floor. "Tell me. Besides," he said grinning menacingly, "we are untouchable. We have new means of... protection."

"Gone." Suddenly Sam's eyes widened, fully feeling the danger he put himself in. "Wait!" he cried as the gloved hand closed around his throat.

******

Santa Carla Headline
____________________________________

Local man sent to the hospital after receiving wounds after an attack. Sam Emerson was working after hours when an unidentified person broke in and attacked him. Emerson received a broken neck, multiple.......

"Explain." David dropped the newspaper on the fountain where Dwayne stood.

"I know where The Hunters went. It took some convincing," Dwayne picked up the rag and continued to clean Sam's blood from his hands, "but I know where they went."

"Where." David stalked to where Dwayne stood and they met chest to chest. Even with Dwayne standing on the fountain's rim David still met his height.

Dwayne didn't falter under the leaders piercing gaze. "A place called Forks. From the weak one I learned of other 'vampires', " he said making finger quotes with the word vampires.

"What do you mean 'vampires' Dwayne?" The leader said copying Dwayne's action at the word vampires.

"I looked them up. There wasn't much about them, but they seem different. They even have the nerve to acuaint themselves with humans. That's I found out."

Dwayne faltered and stepped backwards into the now dried fountain seeing David tense posture and darkened eyes. David rose a fist and eyed Dwayne with narrowed, angry eyes. "Don't keep using our preys resources."

He lowered his hand and flew off to await the morning in a deep crevice. They had found a new one after the incident. It was protected. By craggy stalagmites and stalactites. The passages were filled with stale air, far to toxic for meezly human lungs.

They were safe and protected. And now armed with The Frogs location and the weapons and their means of protection. They could now finish off the two humans that plagued them the longest. As they disposed of other hunters they would kill The Frogs. Edgar and Alan were in danger, and they had little time to act.