Part 9

Liam was happy. Genuinely happy. It had been 2 weeks since Theo had technically moved in with Liam. His parents still didn't know, but Liam was 18 now and they were never at home anyway.

Most of the pack had warmed up to the idea of Theo hanging around with Liam all the time. They tried their best to make him feel welcomed and Liam would not even be able to begin to tell you how much he appreciated that. Sure, Theo killed. But he was different now, so much different.

The only people that still had a problem with him were Stiles and Malia. They constantly talked about him behind his back, forgetting that Liam had werewolf hearing, probably. It made him mad, madder than you'd expect. Liam and Theo had grown so close in the past 2 weeks, and Liam was sure they would do anything for each other. 

On time, Liam was so angry at Malia for talking shit about Theo that he punched a hole through his living room wall. Of course, Theo was out, but he could smell the anger coming from the Dunbar residence and had excused himself from the current event he was attending. He didn't mind, though. It was Liam after all.

When he arrived at his house, Theo was quick to take Liam's pain away from his broken wrist as it healed. Liam smiled at this, because now he knew that Theo actually cared enough. 

"Why are you smiling like an absolute goof?" Theo asked, taking his hand off of Liam's, noticing that it had healed and was perfectly normal now. In reply, Liam looked up at him and shook his head, still smiling.

"You care," Liam muttered, still happy.

"Well of course, why wouldn't I? You're the only person that accepts the person that I am now, and I appreciate you so much. The pack don't trust me, I think that sometimes they forget I'm a supernatural chimera who can read chemo signals. So yes, of course I care." Theo looked down, suddenly saddened by the mention of the pack. 

Liam shook his head, wrapping his arms around Theo hesitantly, which calmed him down. Liam's hands on Theo's waist just felt completely right to them both, though neither had the guts to speak of it out loud. 

Theo looked at Liam, love flashing across his eyes for a split second, though the moment had gone as fast as it had came. "Come on," Theo said, unwrapping himself from under Liam, "Let's go watch a movie." He stood up and flashed Liam a small smile, which unintentionally made the beta's heart flutter. What?

Theo knew this was bad, really bad. This emotion that he was feeling, love, was messing with his head. He hated it. One true thing that people thought of him as was stubborn. And so, he tried his best to push the emotions away and remain calm around Liam and the rest of the pack. Because, he wasn't an idiot like them, and so he forced himself to remember that they could smell and react to his feelings and emotions.

He hated it.

Although, Theo was quickly pulled out of his thoughts when a certain ocean-eyed beta landed on top of him, crashing them both into the couch. Theo laughed as they fell, as did Liam, and boy did Theo's heart swoon when he saw Liam's adorable little smile. That was the moment he promised himself that he would never hurt Liam. 

Upon falling onto the couch, the two were incredibly close to each other. Theo's back was flat against the bottom of the sofa, and the only thing stopping Liam from having his lips on Theo's was his hands, which held him over Theo ever so slightly. 

For a moment, time stopped. They both just gazed at each other, having no idea of what was happening in the other's head. Though Theo didn't mind, he didn't mind at all. 

And then, as if by magic, they were leaning into each other. At least, that's what they both saw. 

They're lips pressed together, and fireworks exploded in both of their stomachs. 

That was until, of course, Theo pulled away and cleared his throat, and Liam scrambled off of him, his heart feeling like it was about to burst out of his chest. Liam, the poor boy, turned his attention to the screen, where a movie was being played in the background.

"Fuck," Theo whispered to himself, standing up and walking out of the front door, leaving Liam confused, alone, and hurt.