Darkness

Bellas POV

Julian spent the next few days "pampering" me. He treated me like a queen, I was not to lift a finger. He must have felt guilty for what he did to me. My body was covered in purple bruises and my head throbbed despite the medication he was giving me. I got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom. I wanted to wash the feeling away. I had showered six times in two days but I still felt disgusting. I turned the water on as hot as it would go and stepped in. The water hurt my raw skin an I slinked to the floor. I missed my mother terribly, part of me wondered if I would ever see her again. I heard a knock at the door.

"Bella is everything alright?"

I didn't reply and he knocked again.

"Bella you have to forgive me, I was just angry."

Tears began slipping down my cheeks and I called out

"I'm okay Julian."

I hated talking to him but he became frantic when I ignored him. It was like it drove him mad. After a few hours in the shower I stepped out and dried myself off, that's when I noticed it. Julian had a razor he shaved with. I dug through the cabinets until I found it. It felt cold on my wrinkly skin and I just stared at it. I would rather die than stay here.

I locked the door and sat on the toilet. At first, it stung when I slid the razor across the delicate skin on my thighs, but after a while, it felt like I was floating. I made two deep cuts in each thigh, the blood was pouring down my legs. It wouldn't be long now. I became dizzy and at some point, I fell over. The floor felt cold and I could hardly see anything through the hair that had fallen on my face. Something far off began banging somewhere, someone called my name and I felt so sleepy. The door broke open and I saw Julian run through the door, he was crying and he screamed for help. My eyes felt so heavy I just couldn't stay awake anymore. Then everything went dark.

Julian's POV

I felt horrible for punishing my flower but I had no choice. She just couldn't see that I had her best interest in mind. She takes frequent showers lately, I suppose that's a good thing, at least she will be clean. I suppose they help her relax a bit. I have been giving her some pain medication to help with her headaches and the bruising on her body. I wanted to sob every time I saw them. But I had to put my foot down and demand to be respected. I made sure Bella was okay in the shower then I sat down to paint some. The colors were blending beautifully, they always did when I painted Bella. She was the best part of my life now. I heard a thud and I dropped my paintbrush. I walked over to the bathroom door and knocked a few times. Maybe Bella had fallen, what if she was hurt? I knocked harder.

"Bella are you okay?" No response.

"Bella?!" I started to panic and I banged on the door. "Bella please answer me!!" I tried throwing myself against the door and it groaned against my weight. Again. And again. Until finally the door broke. My heart sank and I froze when I saw her on the floor. She was bleeding fast and we wouldn't have long.

"Someone help!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Nobody would be close enough to this house to hear us. I had to think fast. I ran to grab a few of my shirts and I tied them around her thighs tightly to slow the bleeding, maybe it would be long enough for us to get to the hospital. I lifted her up carefully trying not to hurt her any further. Driving to the hospital seemed to take forever, Bella was so pale.

"Bella baby please don't leave me. Just hold on."

Within a few minutes we arrived, immediately nurses and doctors surrounded us. They ran quickly into the hospital and I followed behind quickly.

"Everything will be alright Bella I promise." Tears streamed down my face and I stopped as they entered the surgery room.

"I love you, Bella."