He's Watching

Bellas POV

I woke up to the relentless buzzing of my alarm, it read 6:30 a.m.

"Shit!"

I jumped out of bed and quickly pulled on my saggy blue sweater and some jeans before grabbing my satchel.

"I can't be late on the first day!"

My mom stopped me at the door and crossed her arms.

"Where do you think you're off to without saying goodbye?" She cocks her eyebrow.

"I'm gonna be late for school!"

"Oh!" She exclaims, "have fun on your first day sweetie."

She wraps me into a big hug and I shrug her off.

"Bye, mom."

Now I know most kids hate the idea of learning but to me it was thrilling. I loved cramming more knowledge into my mind. High school was going to be exciting, I was going to enjoy this year.

I walk out of the door and begin walking to school. On my way, I smooth out my tangled red curls and throw on my favorite knit beanie.
Good enough, I think to myself.
I walk two blocks before stopping to look in the window of a coffee shop.
My watch reads 6:40 and I shrug,
There's still time for coffee.

I walk into the small store and smile, the scent of coffee beans fills my nose, it smells intoxicating. While nibbling on my lip I walk nervously to the counter and wait for my order to be taken. A man who looked to be in his early twenties turns and looks at me, his features are very handsome and his hair is dark brown with shaved sides. There is a little stubble on his face, and you can clearly see his muscles through his uniform. For a simple cashier he seems to be pretty handsome. I wait for what seems like five minutes before he stops staring and says,

"H-hello my name is Julian" he licks his lips before resuming his sentence "may I take your order?"

"Can I just get a chocolate chip frappuccino?"

He pauses, "Uh...Oh! Y-yes ma'am! That'll be 3 dollars."

After handing him my money he brings me my coffee and I flash a quick smile before walking the rest of the way to school. I can't help but think about Julian the whole way there, something about his eyes just makes me smile.
Today was going to be a good start to my freshman year.