Six Palmer

Have you ever tried giving up on someone  because you have to? I mean, you don't really want to.

But you need to.

I gave up. I gave up on her. It was a mistake that I did not regret. But each passing day, I cannot stop thinking of all the what ifs.

What if I continued the fight? What if I did not give up? What if I tried and listened to my heart? Endless questions and the answers are all uncertain.

I wasn't tired of waiting. I never was.
Trust me, time isn't something I am in adverse of. Besides, she was worth-waiting for. She was worth everything. Almost. At least, almost everything.

Yes, it wasn't—was never a matter of time for it was rather a matter of love over friendship—of something more significant than love, family.

She had the most charming smile. Her laugh was more than beautiful than any music of this world. Other than the beauty she possessed, she had a heart that's genuinely pure. She had my heart and maybe, she always will. That girl, my one and only special girl, was one in a million—someone you'd never want to lose.

However, the only choice left on the table was for me to give up and let go. So, I did.

And that's the story of how I lost her—the only girl that ever mattered to me and to my brother.