Let the Games Begin

Amy POV

I stand in the full-length mirror and hold the light pink dress to my body. I love the way the dress accentuates my curves and contrast with my skin tone. The perfect combination of classy business attire and party wear with a sprinkle of sexy. I step into the dress and then bend over sliding on a pair of nude pointed toe Louboutin heels. I stand up as my husband walks into the room, already dressed and ready to go. There has been a bit of tension between us since the whole lunch ordeal at Perlimington.

"Need a hand?" He asks as he walks over to me.

I nod as he reaches for my zipper. He slides the zipper up with one quick hand movement and I watch as the dress conforms to me.

"You look beautiful," Henry says as he stands behind me. He places a gently kiss to the exposed skin near my collarbone.

He turns to leave but I stop him and ask "Why are you upset with me?"

He goes to deny it but I interject with "The tension is thick enough to cut it with a knife. " I say.

He sighs and scratches the back of his neck.

"I am not upset with you. It's just that earlier was surprising. I have seen you in some intense business situation that would make any sane bloke fly off the handle, yet you were level head and calm. But today, some minger stirred you up by using the unfortunate night I had. I told you everything that happened and you still went completely bonkers and it tainted my good deed." He says.

"I tainted you good deed? Are you seriously upset that I insulted a stripper? Seriously?" I ask getting slightly irritated.

"Can we not argue about this? I am just saying that you overreacted and completely attack the poor girl. She clearly has fallen from grace, especially being a graduate turned stripper. She didn't need any of your help to attach negative adjectives to herself." He says.

"So are you angry with my actions?" I ask and let out a bitter laugh.

He takes a deep breath, holds it, and then releases. A clear indication that he is trying to maintain his composure.

"Listen, I understand that you are under stress with being back here in Connecticut and that those are the people who made your life hell at one point. But you are better than them-." He starts.

"Oh, so I am only better than them now because I am a part of the Elite? As if we the elite haven't gotten to this status and stay at the top by doing some terrible things." I say.

"No, you have always been better than them. I am not the enemy; I am on your side. Now take a deep breath because we need to focus and stay level headed if we want to close this deal. Let's go or we are gonna be late." He says.

Jackie POV

"You sure they are gonna be here?" I ask Kelsey.

I look at the gorgeous dark grey brick house. There cobblestone curved driveway is packed with luxurious cars. Their house is definitely nicer than mine. I guess I am only upper class and should have aimed my sight higher when it came to my husband selection.

"Of course I am, all the Elite are gonna be here tonight at Prescott's house. I would know because while his wife was out planning this, he was balls deep in me." She replies.

Before I reply we duck in response to a car pulling into the driveway. I watch as Amy and Henry step out of their dark blue Range Rover. I roll my eyes. How British?

"Bingo!" I say.

Amy POV

"Winnie." I say as I give her an Eastern Europe greeting.