Chapter Three

Over the next several weeks, while my leg healed, I spent the majority of my time studying Korean history and culture. Once the cast was removed, I began to attend physical therapy and training sessions with Onyx. The two of us were making excellent progress, but we were also getting bored. The only human interaction that I received was at these sessions which were only for a couple of hours twice a week. So when November came, and I was informed that I would be meeting four of the women that I would be going to Korea with, I was ecstatic.
    As I stood outside of the room they were in, however, I was nervous. What if they didn't like me? What if I didn't like them? What if they thought that I was weird? Before I could spend too much time thinking about it, the door was yanked open. In front of me was one of the most adorable women I had ever seen. She was slightly taller than me, golden tan skin, gorgeous shoulder length auburn hair, striking emerald green eyes, and the brightest smile you have ever seen.
    "Oh my god! Aren't you cute as a button!" She squealed. "My name is Rebecca, but everyone calls me Becca. Come on in, we are all so excited to meet you!"
    As she grabbed my hand, and started dragging me into the room, I saw three other women seated in a small lounge area. Becca began making introductions, "That is Avery, next to her is Lily, over there is Harper, and we've already been told your name."
I smiled, "Hello."
The one Becca had called Avery smiled, "Come on, sit down and let's get to know each other."
As I joined her on the couch I took a moment to observe the three women. Avery had long, black hair, light brown eyes, a rich olive skin tone, and seemed as though she had a very bright personality. Lily on the other hand seemed very shy. Her hair was a dark brown, almost black, complemented by deep chocolate brown eyes. Finally, there was Harper. She seemed to be the most mature of the four, but she kept a small smile on her face at all times. She had short brown hair and beautiful caramel skin, but her most striking feature was her bright blue eyes.
    Over the next few hours I got to know the women. Harper had been a prosecutor in San Francisco, CA when she had been taken in August. Avery was an athletic trainer for one of the largest high schools in Seattle, WA, and had been kidnapped in July. Becca had just graduated college as a dental hygienist when she disappeared, while on vacation, in June. Finally, Lily had been taken in August after she left the school where she worked as a music teacher.
    As I lay in bed that night, I wondered what the final two women in our group would be like, and when we would be able to meet them. It turns out that I would not have to wonder for long.
    One week later, as I walked into the lounge area, I was greeted by Becca's high pitched squeal.
    "Becca, can't the squealing at least wait until after I have drank my coffee," I asked. "You know that I can't function without caffeine."
    She just laughed. "No, silly goose, the last two women are going to be here any minute!"
    I grunted, "Fine, but I will not speak until after coffee. I'm going to hide in my chair."
    As I walked away, the door opened and I heard Avery say hello. When I turned around to get a look at the newcomers I screamed.
    Standing before me, looking just as shocked as I felt, were my two best friends, Suziee and Sierra. Then suddenly they both began to cry.
    "We thought you were dead." Sierra sobbed as she and Suziee wrapped me in a hug. We stayed like this for a few moments before Suziee slapped me upside the head. I glared at her.
    "What the hell was that for?"
    "For making me think you were dead."
    "Like I had any control over it!"
    She just shrugged.
    We spent the next few hours catching up, and letting everyone get to know each other. Dinner time came and went without us even realizing it. We were interrupted by the opening of a door and the clicking of Lee Joon Gi's dress shoes as he strutted into the room.
    "Ope, Ru Paul's here," Suziee sighed.
    He looked confused for a moment as our laughter filled the room.
    "Everyone get some rest," he smirked. "Tomorrow's gonna be a long day, and you all are expected to be waiting in my office by eight o'clock tomorrow morning."
    He sashayed out the door, as it closed behind him, groans filled the air. We all left the room, on our way to our rooms. Suziee and Sierra immediately began complaining as we walked down the hall.
    "There is no way in hell that I will make it there on time," Sierra whined.
    "This is the worst thing that they have ever done to us," Suziee huffed.
    "Really? They kidnapped and blackmailed us, and you're more upset about being forced to wake up early," I asked.
    "Yes, I can deal with anything after ten o'clock, anything before that is the devil's work," Suziee exclaimed. "The one day I got up early I was fucking kidnapped!"
    "Touché."
    As I said this we arrived at my door. An idea suddenly came to me.
    "Do you guys want to just stay in my room, that way I can make sure that y'all wake up? I have a mini fridge full of Dr. Pepper."
    They both nodded enthusiastically. I opened the door and suddenly Suziee let out a squeal behind me.
    "My baby!"
    I was suddenly pushed to the side as Suziee rushed to love on my dog. Sierra and I looked at each other.
    "Well now we know who is sharing a bed."