Epilouge

*le gasp* What is this?! A double update?!! Didn't see that coming huh?Grab your tissues, this is a rollercoaster chapter. I shed a few tears myself while writing this. UwU my poor baby Ryou😭😭

The beep of the heart monitor woke Ryou from his slumber. It had been an hour since he last had a visitor who was none other than Izuku and his mom.

They sat by him and gave him smiles, but he could tell they were strained. The fact that he lost his quirk took a toll on him affecting his loved ones.

They bid him goodbye, promising to return the next day. All he could do was faintly smile. His health had been decreasing dramatically, and the once healthy boy now looked sickly and pale.

He had no other choice but to quit UA. His health showed no sign of improvement, so he spoke to the principal.

Flashback~

The room was quiet as the principal processed what Ryou just told him.

"So you want to quit UA because you think you are not going to get better?"

Ryou simply nodded.

"That and now I am quirkless. What is the point of being a hero in my condition?"

The principle simply sighed.

"You are one of our best students. We can wait-"

"No." Ryou was determined. "There is no point in waiting for something that will never happen."

After some time, he convinced the bear-rat to give his spot in Class 1-A to a better student. And he even recommended one: Hitoshi Shinso.

Flashback end~

Ryou remembered when the whole class found out about his condition. They all came to visit him and wish him the best. Even Bakugo came. Many were optimistic and told him he would get better, but he knew otherwise.

As the days passed he received multiple visits from teachers and his family. All Might came once as well.

But he knew it was getting worse. His body began to reject medication sending him into several knockouts. He paled quickly and lost weight.

Deep within him he knew he didn't have much time left. Maybe that is why he asked for a hug from Izuku and his mother on this last visit. Maybe that is why he wrote them a letter with his wishes. Maybe that is why he forgave his biological parents. Because his time on Earth was coming to an end.

He barley had energy to keep his eyes open. Ryou felt an empty void within him that he couldn't explain. He wanted to cry out, scream in frustration, but all that came out was a groan.

It's time.

In one last effort he called out to his disappeared dragon friends. His raspy voice hurt his throat.

"Yumma?"

No response.

"Sou?"

No response.

"Hayato?"

No response.

"Ren?"

No response.

"Minato?"

No response.

"Arata?"

No response.

Having called all of them and receiving no response from the other side, his heart sank into agony. Ryou had no choice but to accept he would never see them again.

His eyes watered, but only one tear fell. A single tear holding his emotions: anger, frustration, resentment, glee, hate, longing. They were all there.

It rolled down his pale cheek and fell on his hospital clothes, disappearing into a wet patch. And along with it, his emotions. His paled blue eyes held nothing in them, mirroring the incoming moment.

Ryous' heartbeat got softer and softer, slowly decreasing.

His eyelids felt heavy, and he complied to close them. Soon it would end.

Ryou wasn't sure if it was desperation or the fact that his life was fading away but in a desperate attempt, he called out one last time.

"Marhys?"

And this time, there was an answer.

Within his dissipating soul, two eyes opened in slits. They were blue and full of life, somehow keeping the soul from fully leaving the body.

"Did the Master call?"

Or is it? Comment if y'all want a book 2!!!!!!

Ending song dedicated to this book: