14

2 years later.
Zalia

I fixed my dress getting ready for the event. I smiled looking into my mirror. I squealed when I saw my big brother Ant. I ran to give him a hug with tears threatening to fall but I didn't want to ruin my makeup.  "you came!"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." He said. I looked at him with sad eyes. He had moved to his own place and it was hard for me because I was so used to having him around wherever I went but I knew he couldn't live with Yas it was a man thing it made him feel inferior.

He is now living with Jayde and their 2 year old son, Amir. I love that he named him after Mir. The reason I was surprised he came was because he went to a heist thing in Tennessee and I didn't think he would come and support me today. "how do you feel?" He smiled.

"nervous." I chucked.

"you'll be okay. I'm proud of you little sister." He said.

"I know. Through all the pain we went through and finally it's happening." I said.

"just like Mir would've wanted." He said.

"I'm graduating for the three of us." I was graduating in grad school and I was ready! My brothers never went to college because of financial problems and they were too busy on the streets.

I think that's why they were so hard on me to graduate. It meant so much to them that I did it for them. I was the first to graduate in my family. "so after the ceremony-"

"we're all meeting at Killa's house for the party." He finished off my sentence.

"I'm so happy to be done with school! And I have a new job to look forward to, my life is looking good." I smiled.

"you deserve all of it." He smiled.

"thank you. You're going to make me cry." I said trying to not cry.

He started laughing. "let me leave"

"thank you for coming." I said.

"see you there kid." He said. I nodded. He walked out and I took tissues to wipe my tears. It's been 2 years and all I can say is, my life has been good.

Yes there were some hiccups but it hasn't been too much. Me and Xavier are still going strong. We went testing together and he was clean, and since I was graduating I was off the pills 4 months ago.

He really wanted a kid, especially a girl. I wanted to work but he promised that it wouldn't come in between my work. He always says he wants a kid just like me. And I want one just like him.

It wasn't a too revealing pink dress but it wasn't too hiding too. My boobs were showing tonight and it was a tight dress. I took my candy bar and started eating it because I was hungry, after eating that it's like I was inviting food more.